Thursday, March 30, 2017

Honorable Discharge

I met with Ellen from Hosoi today. I took in the corrected obituary (they had Likelike instead of Liholiho), the signed Assignment of Preneed Funeral Plan for Mom to use the funeral plan, & Dad's discharge papers. I wasn't sure if I had found the right papers, but I did, so that was a relief. I also found a copy of an Honorable Discharge certificate.

I started cleaning up some of the area around Mom's chair in the family room. I forgot to take a real 'before' photo, the one below is an 'in progress' photo. It took me a little over an hour to sort through the pile of papers that Mom had on the little white table in the center foreground of this photo. The pile was about as large as the pile on the koa table behind the white table. One of Mom's parting messages on Saturday afternoon was to check all the pockets of her clothes and all envelopes and books before we got rid of them because she had money hidden in many of them. Auwe! It really slows down the process. I remember when Dad's father died, Mom was going through the towels in his room and $100 bills started falling out of them, she found several thousand dollars hidden in his room. Not sure how much Mom has stashed, but on one of the ER visits we found over $900 in her purse in 3 envelopes.


Late last night BJ e-mailed me a photo of a cat that looked like Momo. Unfortunately my phone was in the bedroom on the charger so I did not find out about it until a couple hours later. When I did check the phone the photo was so small I couldn't really tell if it really was Momo, but it looked close enough to him. I went to check tonight, it turns out it was Lefty the one-eyed cat, not Momo. (If you look closely at the photo you can see this cat has only a right eye. I met Lefty & his family back in January when I was handing out flyers about Momo.) I stopped in and talked to BJ and thanked her for continuing to look for Momo.
BJ with Lefty (photo by Kari).

Happy Birthday to Marisa & Delaney!

No comments:

Post a Comment