Thursday, June 28, 2018

More Dental Work

Although I had a periodontal appointment in the morning, I went up to Maunalani and did my morning walk. Since the walk started about 7:30 and ended about 8, I still had a bunch of time to spend with Dad before I had to leave for my appointment. I found out that they were having the Namaste session today. Arceli said they would make sure Dad was taken to Namaste while I was at the periodontist's. Since it was only to remove the antibiotic chips it was a fast appointment.


I got back at least half an hour before Dad was to be out of the Namaste session. I took that time to relax and listen to Chapter 16 of Storm Front. Then it was time to retrieve Dad and take him to lunch. Since Dad likes to sit on the 2nd floor lanai, that's where I took him. Dad didn't eat anything, he just drank a little of the Boost Plus before he said he needed to use the toilet. He's still having problems; it tired him out and he ended up going to bed rather than back out to the lanai.


When I first arrived at the Orchid Dining Room for breakfast, Uncle Larry called me over to the door. He gave me a white rose. It was from the flower arrangements that had been brought in from Sai's son's wedding. Uncle Larry calls me "Babe" because he can't remember my name; he's the only guy I allow to call me "Babe". He calls all the female nurses & CNAs "Babe" because he can't remember their names.


I found another red spot on my arm, similar to the others. This morning was only the second dose of doxycycline so I am not concerned about it. I put SPF 30 sunscreen on my legs this morning which I don't usually do. I usually use a moisturizer with SPF 15 sunscreen on my face daily; because of the doxycycline I have now added a mineral sunscreen tinted with iron oxide from Little Hands Hawaii that is SPF 40. Why all the sunscreen? One of the side effects of doxycycline is photosensitivity; exposure to even a little sunlight may cause sunburn. I need to take the doxycycline for 14 days, so I also need to slather on the sunscreen for 14 days.
Another blotch.
This helps keep it from getting too itchy

On my 2nd walk I found no new birds nor did I see the White-rumped Shama; this is the usual time that I see it. But I did find a really cool beetle! The sun was weak because of the cloud cover. And as I was on my way back up it started to drizzle, which felt good. The only problem is that it might mask any sunburn that I might have gotten. I don't really know how photosensitive the doxycycline will make me; maybe I won't have much of a reaction at all to it. I will just have to be cautious for the next 2 weeks.


Curtis returns from Las Vegas tonight. So tomorrow we can get back to a more normal schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment