Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Tazzie & Kila

I met LaVie, Tazzie, & Kila on my morning walk today. I had seen them a couple times before but have never been able to stop to say, Hi! Today we all had enough time to get to know each other. They live downhill of the park and walk daily so I will be seeing them again. LaVie has seen some Rose-ringed Parakeets in the area; I haven't seen them yet; but if I do I will try to get a photo. I see them frequently down at the house since there is someone about a block away that feeds them. I told LaVie about the White-rumped Shama that I think is nesting near where she sits with Tazzie & Kila, she said she would be on the lookout for it.
Kila (L) & Tazzie (R).

After I left LaVie, Tazzie, & Kila I met Ariel. She was walking down to the park with Mei-mei & Rocco! I had originally met Rocco & Mei-Mei on Saturday with Omar; it's nice to get to know the rest of the family!

I got on the list at Maunalani for complimentary lunch for family members who come to help with meals for their loved ones. Today's meal was honey-glazed chicken, French onion soup, green salad, and layer cake.


I picked up the liquid doxycycline for the tick bites. I explained to the pharmacist that Dr. Pham wanted me to take it as soon as I picked it up so that if I had a reaction I would be at Kaiser & could get medical assistance. (Dr. Pham said if I was concerned about an anaphylactic response I should go to the Kaiser Moanalua pharmacy since there is an emergency room there.) A few seconds after I took the Vibramycin (doxycycline) I felt a warm sensation in my throat, kinda like what I feel when I take cough medicine; it subsided after about 30 seconds and nothing else happened. I will have to find out what type of colorants are used in this medication so I know those are safe.

As soon as I was done with that, I went across the street to Dr. Azuma's office for my dental appointment. My previous dentist retired and Dr. Azuma is taking over his patient load. Which also means new x-rays. Dr. Azuma has some fancy equipment & has gone digital. Even before I got in the chair, I stood up to get a CT type x-ray of my head! Dr. Azuma later showed me the scans and how he could do both vertical & horizontal "slices" to see what was happening.
The fancy x-ray machine.
Some of the scans from the fancy x-ray machine.
The green marks are fillings that need to be replaced.

One of the things the fancy x-ray found is that I have a calcified stylohyoid ligament, aka Eagle syndrome. Dr. Azuma asked me all kinds of questions about pain in my neck and head; all my answers were no. So now that I know about it am I going to be hyperaware of pain in my neck & head? Not sure, I've never had any hypochondriac tendencies before. We shall see what happens! FYI - Nothing else of interest popped up on the x-rays.

The rest of the appointment was like my previous appointments. When Lori took my blood pressure it was a little high from all the running around I did just before I got there, but not off the charts.

Not much of a view from this chair. These are the boots I was wearing when I took the "hiker" photo yesterday.

I spent a lot longer at Dr. Azuma's office than I anticipated. It was about 5:30 when I left. As I walked out of the elevator I saw these 2 women milling around in the lobby; I approached the automatic door and found it would not respond. We were now all stuck in the lobby! One of the women went back to the office they were at and phoned down to tell us we needed to go back up and take the stairs to get out after hours.

When I got back to Maunalani it was much later than I expected. While I was gone Nurse Ramona and CNA Dennis were unable to convince Dad to take a shower. So Curtis will have to work on that on Sunday. Dad was refusing to eat his dinner, but had finished all of his Breeze; I just needed to get him to also finish the Boost Plus, which he did.

Earlier in the day I decided to see if I could listen to The Dresden Files audiobooks that Kai downloaded to my laptop while we were in Michigan. For whatever reason the audiobook files he originally loaded to his tablet earlier were corrupted so we couldn't completely listen to them while we were driving from Wisconsin to Michigan; he only got the beginning chapter of each audiobook. While we were at Margaret & Vivian's he was able to download them to my laptop then transfer them to his tablet so we could listen on the way back. But because we were stopping for bathroom breaks, time zone photo ops, and other things, we only got through the first 9 chapters of Storm Front by the time we rolled into Green Bay. I want to listen to the remaining 18 chapters so I can find out who the killer is and how they did it! Kai downloaded 33 audiobooks; I'll be listening to Harry Dresden's escapades for a while.


Happy Birthday to June & Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment