After we had the Motek Bakery breakfast special lox & bagels, we went to the Kona Airport to pick up 3 injured birds for the Hawaiʻi Wildlife Center. There were 2 Manu-o-Kū & a petrel.
![]() |
| Manu-o-Kū adult. |
![]() |
| Manu-o-Kū chick. |
Tonight I had a piece of my new source of lipids, the chocolate ganache pie with raspberry sauce from Libby! It was delicious!
![]() |
| Chocolate ganache pie with raspberry sauce ... & ants! |
Kai has been having a problem with beetles. These very tiny beetles are getting blown in from the vegetation in the cat yard & have been landing on him while he is lying on the bed. To prevent it from happening any further he has closed the windows on the easterly side of the room; which also means the prevailing breeze is blocked from entering the room. He would rather put up with the lack of wind than the beetles!
I finished the readings for the 1st project we will be reviewing for the Leeward Planning Commission meeting on Thursday. It is a request for a 1 room bed & breakfast in an existing house.
Initially, when I would bring Moʻo in at night, I would put her in her crate because she would chew on things. Since she would also chew on the door jambs it was not an option to just let her loose & keep things out of her reach. When she outgrew that I would let her loose while I was awake, then put her in her crate when I went to sleep. When moved her crate out of the kitchen & in to the living room, I blocked off a small portion so the had the choice to sleep in her crate or out on the floor available to her; usually she chose the crate. After the neighbor confronted us in our driveway, Moʻo started jumping over the barrier to sleep in front of the front door; I took the the barrier down so she would not injure herself if she slipped while trying to get over it. She is now allowed to go wherever she wants after I go to sleep (except my bedroom); she is fulfilling her duties as a watchdog. Since Kai is using my desk in the cat room, I have my laptop set up at the kitchen table. When I am here, Moʻo frequently lies on the rug by the back door to keep an eye on me.
I spent about 20 minutes on Lingopie lessons today. In my morning lessons, I just reviewed words I had added to the flash cards earlier. I try to go through the review cards several times until I can get all 9 correct several times.
I discovered there is an auto pause function on Lingopie; it automatically stops at the end of each caption. For today's viewing I only watched about 1 minute. After the Leeward Planning Commission is over for the month, I will try to spend the 7 minutes a day actually viewing the video as recommended by Lingopie.
I went back in Duolingo to the 1st Mandarin lessons. In Section 1, Unit 1, the subject matter was "Name food and drinks". Here are the 2 informational slides at the start of the unit that I neglected to look at when I started. 🙄 Here are also some of the lessons in the unit. Like the ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi, it was much easier this time around than it was the 1st time I tried it 2 months ago back in May.
![]() |
| This is 1st Hanzi I recognized later. |
![]() |
| I like that sometimes they ask you this ... |
![]() |
| ... & sometimes they ask you this. |
Later in the evening, I reviewed the Section 1, Unit 2 Mandarin lessons in Duolingo on "Nationalities". They also talked about the use of the word "ne" to ask a question.
I watch Episode 5 of Fights Break Sphere this evening. SPOILER ALERT - The 1st years are assigned to their dorms, with the 4 main male 1st year students sharing the same dorm room. One of the teachers, who belongs to the same sect as his former fiance, bullies Xiao Yan.
![]() |
| The fight academy's Dumbledore. |
![]() |
| The fight academy's herbology teacher. |
The next episode of the eruption of Kīlauea is now expected to be some time between the 13th & the 15th.
Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Ruqqya, Eric, & Corie! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻo manaʻo makahiki ʻekolu e Leanna & Christian!



































No comments:
Post a Comment