We went to Lapakahi State Historical Park today to have lunch with Dane & Jaime. For now, Dane is only at Lapakahi on Mondays; for the rest of the week he is helping out at the Wailoa Art Center in Hilo.
![]() |
| Kai & Jaime talking about a lot of stuff. |
Since Rainbow Cafe was closed, we picked up lunch at L & L Barbecue. There was an interesting sign painted on the concrete apron near the stairs. Turns out the pad was poured to protect the PVC outlet pipe for the septic system. It can't be buried deep enough to protect it from being crushed if heavy trucks park over the top of it.
After we got back from Lapakahi, I focused on the readings for the Leeward Planning Commission meeting on Thursday. I was able to finish the info for the 2nd & 3rd items on the agenda.
![]() |
| Items on the Agenda. |
![]() |
| Item #2. |
![]() |
| Item #3. |
My order for The Book of Five Rings arrived today! It is 1 of the 3 books I read when I was doing martial arts.
I have progressed to Mandarin Section 1, Unit 3 in Duolingo. It introduces some professions. I also learned about the copula which I have never heard of before. Section 1, Unit 4 provides more information on the use of the word bù (不, not). There are a lot of useful phrases that include bù.
![]() |
| Sounds similar to adding -masen at end of Japanese verbs. |
I am finding the spaced repetition used by Lingopie to be helpful in learning the new words & phrases. Below is a chart showing some of the words on my list for the spaced repetition as well as how frequently the word will be shown to me. I hope the "mastered" words will also still be occasionally shown to me to make sure I still remember them.
I watched Episode 6 of Fights Break Sphere tonight. SPOILER ALERT - The giant snake that Xiao Yin fights does not hiss, it growls. Not sure how it is doing that, oh yeah, Hollywood biology! Xiao Yin is proved right about the evil Soul Hall infiltrating the Jia Nan Fight Academy; the guilty students' powers are removed & they are expelled from the academy. First year Lin Xiuya, & friend of Xiao Yin, disappears.
![]() |
| Growling snake! If it was spitting cobra, Xiao Yin would be toast! |
The next episode of the eruption at Kīluaea has been refined to begin some time between the 14th & the 16th.



















No comments:
Post a Comment