No, not the song ... really up on the roof. That's what the plan was for today in order to fix the West security camera. When the power came on yesterday the camera was initially working, but later it was no longer showing up on the monitor; it said the West camera was offline. The indicator light at the server was on & blinking, though not as rapidly as the lights for the other cameras. I went through the controls I could access through the computer but could not figure out how to turn it back on. (I had initially turned them on when I installed them & configured them, so I know how to do that.) I made arrangements for Libby to come over today & spot me while I climbed up on the roof to check out the hardware & see if that was the problem.
But before I did that this morning, I called up my personal IT Help Desk guy, aka Kai. And he asked that 1st question the Help Desk guys ask, sort of. They ask, "Did you turn off your computer & turn it back on?" Which I would always do before I called them. But I had forgotten that the security cameras get their power via the Cat 6A cable that they are hooked up to the server with. Kai asked if I had unplugged it, then plugged it back in. I had not. But when I did, it was working again! For about 2 minutes. Then it went completely dark. My guess is that the end that plugs in to the server was not terminated properly; if I bend the cable I can make it turn on & off. I will re-terminate the cable & see if that resolves the problem. (Yes, I can do that, too.)
![]() |
| Upper left light is wonky cable. |
Early this morning ʻŌhuna was outside 3 different times; I wonder why she was so restless this morning? Later in the evening, she slept on the fold-out futon bed on 1 side while ʻAlani & Hoʻokoa slept on the other side.
![]() |
| ʻŌhuna on the prowl! |
![]() |
| ʻŌhuna at top; ʻAlani (L) & Hoʻokoa at bottom. |
Lingopie has shown up on the frequently clicked links bar on my search page! Which I am happy to see; it confirms that I do go there a lot & it now makes it easier for me to get to the login page. Hūlō!
I am still at Level 10 in Mandarin on Duolingo. That's because I have slowed down on the use of Duolingo lessons because I am also doing lessons on Lingopie. They each have their strengths & drawbacks. In this lesson I am able to distinguish the sounds to translate the phrase presented, translate a sentence given a variety of word options, & complete a short conversation. But I am still having difficulty with the proper pronunciation.
Tropical Storm Lālā is still hanging in there! It is now about 595 miles northerly of Kure Atoll & moving northerly at about 6 mph. Currently it has maximum sustained wind speeds of 45 mph but is expected to gradually weaken over the next couple of days, becoming a post-tropical remnant low by tomorrow evening when it will no longer be tracked by the hurricane centers.
Iselle has become a post-tropical cyclone & will not even come close to entering the Central Pacific region. This is the last advisory from the National Hurricane Center on Iselle.
Although another episode of the eruption of Kilauea is likely, there is not enough data at this time for scientists to determine when that might occur.
Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Teena & Kyle! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo makahiki kanakolu kumamāono e Lorna & Darrell! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo makahiki ʻewalu e Danny & Kim!














No comments:
Post a Comment