Thursday, February 1, 2018

Vinha D'alhos

This morning Jessie taught me how to make the marinade for vinha d'alhos (pronounced ving-ah-dosh) and how to prepare the pork butt. She marinates it overnight, she will roast it tomorrow and we will go over to her house for dinner. She's got a really nice view of her backyard & the pasture beyond from her kitchen sink.


This morning I also went to see Tim at the Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union; I picked up the paperwork for the appraisal. I also wanted to put the $4000 or so remaining from the payoff for the Home Equity Line of Credit paperwork back in to the line of credit. (Apparently they have to start by putting $5000 in to my account, take the fees out of that, and leave that in my account unless I say to pay off that part of the line of credit.) Tim has this cool painting in his office.
I'm pretty sure this is Pololu Valley from the lookout; the birds are 'i'iwi on 'ohi'a lehua, the yellow flower is hau and the fruits are mountain apples.

Later Kai finished vacuuming the kitchen cabinets while I finished mopping all the floors. Then we tackled the stuck windows; one in the bathroom and one in Kai's room. The bathroom window appears to have an extra layer of paint that is making it stick, we couldn't get it unstuck; I will be asking Chris to fix it. Standing in the hot sun on the south side of the house, pounding on the window took all of Kai's energy; he had to take a cold shower and nap for the rest of the afternoon to recuperate.
Kai getting ready to remove the screen so he can get at the window.

Pat the electrician came by in the late afternoon to go over what I want done with the wiring in the garage. I had marked the location for the switches. I am also going to have him add 2 GFCI outlets to get power to the lanai area as well as the main part of the garage. He'll be back either tomorrow of Saturday to start work.


Later in the evening I realized there was some old mildew in some of the cabinets. I should have had Chris  repaint them with the mildew-resistant paint he used on the walls. I sprayed the inside of the cabinets with Concrobium Mold Control; I will talk to Chris about painting them before I load them up.
Looking along the north wall, some boxes are gone and there's the Concrobium.
The south wall, microwave is in place, but that's about it for now.

For dinner we decided to see if the fish sticks in the freezer were still edible. They were but they were kind of soggy.
Kai playing with his food.

 Happy Birthday to Allison!

No comments:

Post a Comment