Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Dad's CT Scan

We went to Dad's CT scan early this morning; we left the house about 7:30 in order to get to Kaiser Moanalua by 8:30. After Dad was done we went to breakfast at Dad's favorite Zippy's; our waitress Jenny was one of the waitresses that used to serve him and Mom, she was very glad to see him. Dad had the Belgian Waffle Combo with an egg & bacon; Curtis had the Chili Burrito with egg; and I had the Pancake Combo with an egg and homemade corned beef hash. Dad did not eat much, we took most of it home for his breakfast tomorrow.
Belgian Waffle with egg & bacon.
Chili Burrito.
Pancake Combo with egg & corned beef hash; I ordered this in case Dad found the waffle too hard to chew.

Zippy's is having a kids' Drug-Free Drawing Contest; today is the last day of the contest. We saw some of the entries; here's the one we liked the best. Obviously their household was watching the Olympics!


It was a good thing Curtis was with us on the trip to Kaiser this morning. Dad needed to go to the bathroom about 10 minutes before we got there; I was able to pull up to the patient drop off area and let them out. Curtis wheeled Dad to the bathroom while I parked the car; he was able to help Dad in the bathroom also. This was similar to the division of labor we practiced with Mom.  

On the way to Kaiser this morning, we passed the treehouse. Since we were driving and there is a lag when the photo is taken, another tree covered part of the house. I'll have to get a better photo later.
(Photo by Curtis)

This evening I was catching up with my newspaper reading. I picked up one of the papers that I saw Dad reading; it looked a little weathered. Then I noticed the lead article and the date. On the plus side, at least he is still reading.


Earlier today I got a call from Dad's social worker, Maria; I had talked with her about 2 weeks ago. At that time I spent about 30 minutes answering all her questions but she wanted to talk to Dad also and wasn't able to since he was asleep. Since then I tried calling her twice while Dad was awake during business hours, but she wasn't in and her voice mail was full. I finally was able to leave her a message on Monday to let her know Dad would be at an appointment on Tuesday. When she called today Dad was awake, so I put him on the phone. It was a confusing conversation; and it wasn't from Dad's side!

I'm not sure how she managed to find my number, it appeared she had the wrong file in front of her. She asked Dad if he was 89; he corrected her and told her he was 93. She asked where he worked; he said he was retired a long time but couldn't remember what year. She asked if he had worked at the bar; he said no, he worked for the Air Force at Hickam. That's when I stepped in and gave her Dad's member number so she could find the right file. While I found it annoying that she was so ill-prepared to talk to a client that she was calling, I found it encouraging that Dad did not agree with her and corrected her when she was giving him wrong information. She is going to try to meet up with us after Dad's next appointment.

PA Toilolo called. Dad's CT scan came back totally normal! She said if Dad continues to have pain at the back of his head to give him Tylenol. If he has other symptoms, she wants me to call their nurse help line.

I forgot to mention on Sunday that it was the 2nd anniversary of the start of this blog!
 
Happy Birthday to nephew David! Happy Birthday also to Peggy, Roger, Winnie, & Shaun!

No comments:

Post a Comment