Monday, February 26, 2018

Liquid Sunshine

I took a chance today on doing laundry. When I hung it out it was overcast and cool but dry. About an hour later I noticed a light mist coming down, by the time I got to the back door to check on the laundry the sun was out, so I decided to leave the clothes out. About another hour later it was lightly drizzling, so I went to the back door to bring the laundry in. And found liquid sunshine again! So I let the laundry stay out again. My gamble paid off; the sun came out for a couple of hours. By the time the clouds moved back in the clothes were dry.
It really is drizzling in this photo!

Yesterday my phone died while I was on the Pu'uhonua o' Wai'anae tour. On the way to Waianae I was following a car that turned in to the boat harbor & parked nearby. It turns out Celia & her daughter were also there for the open house. I asked Celia for her photos of the camp.
The entrance sign. (Photo by Celia)
Our tour group with tour leader Chris (R). (Photo by Celia)
The times are for people wanting to pick up things; you can drop off donations at any time. (Photo by Celia)

My salad usually looks like the photo below. When Dad was eating salads he would have about 1/4 of the bowl. About a month ago he said it was too difficult to eat salads anymore; and he doesn't want to use his dentures. I realized tonight I no longer need to shred the carrots; since Dad isn't eating salad anymore I can just cut the carrots into chunks. Duh!
I like avocados.

Wildlife have really been in the news lately. Tonight there was a piece about a mute swan that had to be rescued from the surf! Apparently it got loose from the Hyatt Regency flew out to the water, which happened to be the ocean rather than a flat lake. The lifeguards at Honolua Bay had to rescue it.
(Screen shot from KHON)

The rescued wallaby had eye surgery today; the zoo vet removed its injured right eye. Once it is healed up it will go to a zoo rather than be returned to Halawa Valley.
(Screen shot from KHON)

Happy Birthday to Glenda & Leah!

No comments:

Post a Comment