Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Dad is Back at Maunalani Again

I arrived at Kaiser a bit late today, it took me  quite a while to get there due to the traffic. Dad had eaten his banana and drank about 1/2 of a Boost Breeze. He had lunch before he left Kaiser, eating half of his peanut butter & jelly sandwich and finishing off the rest of the Boost Breeze. Aunty Judy came to visit again during the hour before Dad was transferred to Maunalani Nursing & Rehabilitation Center.
Mmmm, peanut butter & jelly!

The new room that Dad is in appears to be as big as his previous room, but the area partitioned off for him is larger. There are only 2 people in this room; there were 3 in the other. Dad's new room is on the 2nd floor, he was on the 3rd earlier. He is also across the hall from the 2nd floor dining room which opens on to a covered deck; when Dad is feeling better it would be nice to have him eat in the dining room or out on the deck. Tonight he ate in his room, he finished off about 1/2 of the Magic Cup, about 1/2 of the Boost Plus, and all of the chocolate chip cookie.
Shaka from the new room!
Second floor dining room.
Second floor covered deck.
View to the southwest from the second floor deck.

On the way up to Maunalani, I ran in to the road work that has been ongoing on since we first brought Dad to Maunalani. It looked like the portion to the upper lot was blocked so I decided to avoid it by parking in the lower lot, besides Dad is on the 2nd floor now and there is a sign-in area on this side, too. Turned out not to be a good plan; the 1st floor door that I entered through is closed at 4:30 and the elevator access to that floor is shut off. I went out the 3rd floor door that I previously used when Dad was on the 3rd floor, then I walked down to the lower parking lot. It was a nice evening to do that. Going out the 3rd floor I also found the information about the detour route.


I did a lot of walking outside today, the weather was very nice for it; not too hot, not too cool, it was just right! Kai wanted to talk, so I walked out to the park and circled the lawn while talking to him. I need to take photos the next time I am at the park. On the way back I found out the 1st floor exterior door was locked; I had to take the exterior stairs up to the 2nd floor and get buzzed in. This might not be a good plan, unless I just decide to walk all the way up to the 3rd floor entrance.

Curtis hit his largest slot win on the Megabucks machine this afternoon! $960!
(Photo by Curtis)

Happy Birthday to Beth, Rachel, & Vicente!

No comments:

Post a Comment