Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Xander Goes to the Vet

This morning Xander had his follow-up check with Dr. Sylvester at the Cat Clinic. He still has some compacted stools, he will be getting a little MiraLax for that. The bigger concern is that he is drinking a lot more water than normal. Dr. Sylvester increased his morning insulin to 3 units, the evening will remain at 2 units. I call in next week to tell Dr. Sylvester how he is doing and in a month he needs another blood glucose test, this time in the afternoon only.
Xander checking out the exam room.

Dad only had 1/2 Breeze for breakfast, just 1 spoonful of Magic Cup for lunch, and 1/2 a Boost Plus and 3 or 4 spoonfuls of Magic Cup for dinner. CNA Nicole suggested since he likes beef stew, to bring some in from home (or Zippy's) for him to see if that will get him started with eating again.
Thank goodness for Magic Cup!

Besides eating, Dad also needs to drink more fluids. Last night they had to catheterize him since he had not peed in 8 hours. It was concentrated showing he was a little dehydrated; we have to get him to drink more; not sure if the Remeron will also do that.

Nicole also scratched Dad's back for him. She said she would put him on their Namaste list and have someone visit him each day; they will offer to scratch his back and possibly transition in to massage. Arceli also came by to see what activities Dad would like; she is going to e-mail me an events calendar so I know what's going on. Apparently dogs come to visit on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so I will bring Xander on Thursdays; CNA Dennis requested that I bring Xander after he comes on duty at 3 p.m.

I found out from LPN Luz that the fireworks at the Hilton can also be seen from the deck outside the 2nd floor dining room. It will be much closer and easier to get Dad to the deck than it would be to get him to the lookout by the parking lot. (Level rather than uphill.)

I also found out that Luz saw me walking down or back from the park when she is on her way to work the evening shift at Maunalani. She and another one of the other nurses have been talking about going to the park and working out before they start their shifts. I asked her to let me know if they do that, I will join them! While at the park I saw a cattle egret in breeding plumage.
Cattle Egret (Bubulcus ibis) in breeding plumage, though it isn't obvious in this photo I could see it in the field.

Happy Birthday to Bernie!

No comments:

Post a Comment