Thursday, April 26, 2018

Happy Birthday to the Cousins!

It turns out cousins Karen, Daniel, & Kenley all celebrate their birthday today! What are the odds of that? Happy Birthday!

Dad had a good start to the day, he got out of bed for breakfast! But it didn't go very far; he only drank 1/2 a Breeze, didn't eat a thing. But he was in the wheelchair so I got him to go out and sit in the sun at the front door. Popokilani was at the door when I came in but by the time we came out, she was gone. So we sat near the plant wall that has a bunch of orchids hanging on it; can't wait to see them in bloom.
Nope, not too happy about this.



Popokilani in the early morning; she was gone when Dad. showed up
Dad and the plant wall.

I also took Dad out to the 3rd floor lanai off of the Castle Living Room. But the breeze was still a little too much for him. So we went back inside and found RN Kathryn was leading an exercise class. I ended up doing more of the exercises than Dad did, but he did a little.
On the 3rd floor lanai.
Getting ready to exercise in the Castle Living Room.

Dad didn't eat much lunch today either. He did eat a banana and another 1/2 box of Breeze. And he had nothing for dinner. I hope the Remeron kicks in soon.


On the way back from my walk to the park, I found a shaggy mane mushroom popping up in the lawn of a house near Maunalani. I know it wasn't there yesterday. It probably will be past its prime tomorrow. Because of the light rain before I started my walk the gras was very wet, my shoes and feet got soaked. I'll have to start taking my Keene's and use them if it is wet; they're waterproof, I've walked through a very shallow stream in them and my feet didn't get wet!


I brought Xander up for a visit this afternoon. Then I went to run an errand so Curtis stayed with him. This time I left the curtain open. And Dennis also came in to take Dad's vitals. Xander took it all in stride and didn't panic; I think he might be gathering a bunch of fans here like he has at the Cat Clinic.

1 comment: