Sunday, April 29, 2018

Dad Still Isn't Eating

Dad ate some of his pancake this morning, along with a little bit of papaya and about 1/2 a Breeze.


I was confused by the event calendar for today. In one section it said the Namaste & Music session was every day at 10 a.m. in the Ethelwyn Wellness Center; in another part it had Namaste & Music listed separately as happening at 11 a.m. in the Castle Living Room. I had asked last night and was told Namaste & Music was every day at 10 a.m. in the Wellness Center. It was a nice morning, so I took Dad out to the patio after breakfast to look for Popokilani and wait for the Namaste & Music session to start.


Today the Namaste & Music was on the 3rd floor lanai outside the Castle Living Room at 11 a.m. So we kind of missed it, Dad wanted to go back to his room since he needed to pee. Once he did that he did not want to leave his bed. Oh well, I tried. I tried to get him to eat lunch and failed there, too. Curtis didn't do any better on dinner. But he did find out from LPN Rio that it takes about a week before they usually see a response to the Remeron; Dad has been on it for only 5 days so far.

While I was at Maunalani, I got a text from my the new Roommates. They moved in today. We started making these arrangements back in January; they were moving in to help take care of Dad. Even though they won't be helping with Dad anymore we decided to go ahead with the move. They'll be helping with things around the yard as well as cleaning out the house; they already started with some of the room cleaning tonight.

When I went to check on the papayas today, I found that Mom's last orchid has another flower shoot. And there is one cactus fruit. I also picked 4 more papayas. And I spent a bunch of time training all the pakalana vines to climb on the fence; there should be a lot of blossoms this year!
The flower shoot is off to the left, I'll try to get a better photo as the blossoms form.


This morning when I turned on the TV as I left, it was bull riding time again. Go Bulls!


Happy Birthday to Diana!

No comments:

Post a Comment