Thursday, September 19, 2024

Polalauahi o Kona

Kona is voggy! On my way to Kona for the Leeward Planning Commission meeting today I had a good view of the vog. It looks like it is coming around the northerly side of Hūalalai, then heading out to sea. In Kona, the upper portion of Hūalalai was barely visible.

Vog over Kailua-Kona.
Vog obscures the view of Hūalalai.

At today's Leeward Planning Commission, one of the items was amendments to the zoning code being proposed by the planning department to bring County code into compliance with State law. I couldn't understand why people said that the planning director was too sympathetic to the telecommunications industry when the County is only trying to comply with State law. They also supported a bill proposed by a councilmember, which had the same language exempting telecommunication antennae & towers from use permits in all zones in order to be able to comply with State law! It was like they did not read the bill at all & just believed whatever someone told them about it. Many emails submitted had the exact same phrases. Auē!

For the past 3 days I have been feeding my friend Ginger's feral cats while she is away at a conference. Today was the final day. There are 4 nearly grown kittens and Mom & Dad. All except one is a gray tabby. they are much more friendly than 2 of the feral cats I feed, but less friendly than the other 2 feral cats I feed.

Early morning feeding before I leave for LPC meeting.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Hannah & Moʻo! Today is Moʻo's 2nd birthday! 

On 12/29/2022, the day I brought her home as a 3&1/2 month old puppy.
As a mischievous pre-teen, 09/25/23.
The teenaged Mo'o today; proudly keeping Humanity safe from feral pigs!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment