Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Posts Are In Place

The metal fence posts along the back of the property are in place; it looks like all the wooden posts along this section of fencing are also in place. I did see, however, that it looks like there will be a gap between the end of the side fences & the back fence; I will have to talk to Travis or Owen tomorrow. If you're wondering why the fencing progress is going so slowly, it's because this last section has about 1100 feet  remaining. I only account for about 80 feet of it so its not like they are going to drop everything & just do my part; I would prefer if they do it properly & close my part off when it is the right time in the process.

Looking northerly along the fence line.
The Mo'o-sized gap at the northeasterly corner.
A Google map with measurements overlaid to show about how much more remains.

I started tying up the laʻi in bundles of 25 & hanging them in the garage to begin the drying process. The greenest ones are being hung closes to the easterly wall which gets really warm on sunny days; it should enhance the drying. For today I bundled up 300 green & yellow leaves; there's still a bunch more to do.

The 300 Kamehameha la'i leaves drying in garage.
Tomorrow's task.
The pot by the maiʻa is galangal.

I put out flags to mark where I think I will plant the maiʻa along the back fence. I am leaving about 2&1/2 feet to the fence for them to expand in to.

They're about 3 feet apart in the row.
Sort of shows where they are in relation to the fence.

I took a break from gardening & looked over the details of the window purchase with Ryan. I later signed the purchase agreement; then sent a check from my HELOC account to Diamond Head Windows via certified mail. Once he receives the check, Ryan will send the purchase agreement to the manufacturer; then he will give me a tentative date that the windows will be delivered to the house.

Around here, hapuʻu grows like a weed! These are volunteer hapuʻu seedlings (sporelings?) along the path in the anthurium garden. I need to dig them up an pot them so I can easily move them & give them to people.


While in the garden area, I also checked on the Bun Long kalo. I had seen Loa about 3 weeks ago at the Night Market; he & Stacyson were selling the Go Kalo! cards that the Naʻau ʻŌiwi students had developed as part of their studies. When he found out I had Bun Long, he asked if I could spare some huli for their loʻi; they do not have that variety. Turns out I have 3 pots & one is very much in need of being repotted. That's the one I am donating to Naʻau ʻŌiwi.

I think there are 7 corms in there.


According to the CPHC, that low pressure disturbance is now about 550 miles southeast of Hilo. It is still moving westerly at about 10 mph. And still expected not to become more developed as a storm system.



Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Naomi & Roxanne!

No comments:

Post a Comment