Friday, September 20, 2024

S10 Phone Dying

My Samsung Galaxy S10 phone is dying; the screen turned green yesterday afternoon. I got it in June 2022 as a replacement for my S7. I got the S7 in August 2019 as a replacement for my 2nd S5 that I got in July 2018 which had replaced my original S5 that I got in August 2015. That was when I had paid $100 for insurance to replace my phone in case of an accident or anything else. I would say that insurance was a bargain! Yes, I realize I was not getting the most current phone but that doesn't matter to me. I just need something that will allow me to do calls & texts.

This is what the lock screen looked like.
You could just barely see what it was saying.

It would have been more convenient if my phone had gone green a couple hours earlier. I would have been in Kona when it did that & could have gone to the Verizon store to order a new one. But since it waited until I got back home, I had to go back to Kona today. Auē! It took me about 5 hours at the Verizon store plus 2 hours & 20 minutes round trip travel to get the new phone. I now have a new S24. At no cost. Except for the Otterbox case & screen protector that I would have bought anyway to keep the phone relatively safe; I also bought a USB-C wall charger. 

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Dale, Steve, & Rebecca!

No comments:

Post a Comment