Thursday, October 5, 2017

More Stuff Packed Today

I worked on the 2nd shelf of the left cabinet today. There were a lot of things on that shelf; some of which I know about, others I don't. The rolled black and white towels near the center of the shelf were favors at Curtis & Lori's wedding, the plastic pieces are starting to disintegrate. In the back right corner, the box labelled "Sports" is one of 2 Christmas ornaments I sent Mom & Dad; one is the Mariners, the other is the Seahawks. The 4 toys with the turquoise parts (to the left of the center of the shelf) are salt & pepper shakers in the shape of airplanes with "Aloha Airlines" printed on the side; the position of the propeller determines whether you get salt or pepper. I also found a bunch of loose photos, one from 1937, but most of them are unlabelled. Towards the left side was a collection of announcements of Tomiko's shows around the country, New Year's & holiday notes from her,  & the self-published book Passage: 1989-2011 of Tomiko's photos of Grandma & the Kohala house. Below you can see a net bag of chocolate Easter candy behind the bell & in front of the sheep; it's probably from 2016, it has a "Best By" date of January 2018. I have added it to the treats for Dad.


This morning I checked up on House #1. The excavator is gone, so I'm sure they will be starting on the foundation soon.


I also checked on the papaya flowers again. The center plant had 2 open flowers, I will keep an eye on them. Perhaps they have to cross-pollinate between 2 different flowers and don't self-pollinate within the same flower like peas.


I went to physical therapy again today; I worked with Nicky's assistant Darwin. He gave me more exercises; one requires an exercise bike. Since my bike is in Kohala, I asked Darwin about the fitness program that Mom had gotten flyers about. Unfortunately I don't qualify for that one since I am not eligible for Medicare. But he told me about Kaiser's Fit Rewards Program; I tried to check it out but had trouble registering.

Later I got a call from Our Pets, the folks that make the WonderBowl. On Tuesday I mentioned that I had ordered a new IR tag for Pepper. What I actually had to do was call the Our Pets customer service and leave my order request because I couldn't get it to show up in my digital shopping cart for their website. (You can find it on Amazon, they'll ship it to the continental US but they won't ship it to Hawaii!) The new IR tag should be here by the end of next week. I talked to Curtis tonight, I will be keeping Pepper for a few days after that so that I can train her how to use it. He said Jenny said Salty is losing weight now that he can't eat Pepper's food!

Tonight, as Dad was eating dinner in his bedroom, he asked me what city we were in; he has asked me this several other times. Instead of telling him, I asked where he thought he was; he said California. I told him we were in Honolulu and asked him what made it seem like we were in California. He wasn't sure; I suggested perhaps he was thinking about when the nurses would feed him in bed when he was recuperating from his war wounds. He thought that was probably it; when they shipped him back stateside, they sent him to the Presidio in San Francisco. (He has only asked me where we were when he was eating in his bedroom. When he is eating in the kitchen he knows where he is.)

Happy Birthday, Lori! Happy Birthday also to Jim & Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment