Sunday, July 25, 2021

Back to My Routine

Now that all the visitors are gone, I can slip back in to my routine. Sort of; more on that later. My usual Sunday is quite low key since it is the day that I fast. I started out by reading more of Smoke Gets in Your Eyes. I washed Kai's shorts; he leaves them here since this is the only place where he wears shorts. 


I had responded to Dave's email about when I could start working late last night. This was a part of my routine late last year but it changed when I began working with the vaccine clinics; I was hoping to put myself out of the contact tracing job. I told Dave for this week I could do Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday; this morning he said to come in on all those days. Then a short while later he sent another email, which I missed; they must be really desperate since he wanted me to come in today also! 


I backed up my hard drive; I really should have done that on Tuesday night when we returned from Moku o Keawe. Kai has set up my computer to prompt me every 10 days to back up my hard drive. Usually I am really good about that except when I am traveling; I back it up the day before I leave, then try to back it up again on the day I return.

I also did a little more ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi in order to keep my place in the rankings on the leader board. I finished in 2nd place and earned 1000 gems! Where I finish on the leader board tends to depend on the study habits of the 29 other people on the particular leader board I end up on when I start my 1st study session after the end of the previous leader board.


CJ called this evening. We talked for almost 3 hours! We were having so much fun it sure did not seem like it was that long at all. 


I found an article about a place I need to check out for omiyage, it's called Tasty Kona. It would be about a 20 minute drive from the airport.


Those cats! They were chasing each other around the house late tonight and someone skidded going around the corner to get to the cat door and slid in to the recycling container, knocking it over & scattering cans all over the place. Auē!


The Aix weather app forecast some precipitation here from the morning through early afternoon; I really didn't see that but I was asleep until about 11 a.m. today. It forecast Kapaʻau to have rain all day, with it getting heavier later in the late afternoon & evening. From the webcams it seems like it might not have been raining.

Kaimukī at 12:23 p.m.
Waikoloa at 12:24 p.m.
Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope at 12:24 p.m.
Honomu 12:25 p.m.
Hilo Bay at 12:26 p.m.
Marysville at 12:26 p.m. HST.

A low pressure about 1100 miles southeast of Hilo is moving westward at about 15 mph. It is expected to cross in to the Central Pacific area tomorrow. Over the next 48 hours it is forecast to have about a 60% chance of developing in to a tropical depression.


There were 276 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 40,659. There were also 2 new deaths reported, increasing the death toll to 529; currently 1953 cases are considered to be active. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Jesus, Darrin, & Margie!

No comments:

Post a Comment