Wednesday, July 7, 2021

New Clothesline!

I think my life has become boring; I got excited about using the new retractable clothes line that Ben installed for me last month. But 1st I had to move the Tahoe; my initial park job when I got back yesterday was to pull it all the way in. Looking at it this morning I realized that made it impossible to use about half of the area available for hanging laundry.

The front of the Tahoe blocks the lines.
Looks like there's enough space to back it out a little more.
Two lines are now totally clear.
The Tahoe is still being protected by the garage.
I had 2 lines worth of laundry to hang.

Today birdrise and sunrise were almost synchronized!

Birdrise 10 minutes before sunrise.

I checked where I was in the Duolingo leaderboard this morning. I think I just be doing just enough to keep my my daily streak going since there is so much else going on for me during these next couple of weeks.


On my way out to do the laundry I noticed that the dragonfruit was flowering; I think the one I have is Hylocereus undatus. There were 3 large beautiful flowers on it; each flower is 8 to 10 inches across. I could see that the flowers were all fertilized. In a couple months there will be some fruit, but I won't be here to enjoy them.


Because my back can't handle a whole lot of vacuuming and mopping, I have to break up my cleaning into short chunks. In between I do other activities that don't put my back in to spasms or, towards the end of the day, spending time lying down trying to relax my back. Why do I do it? Because the floors look so nice when I'm done!


No Roomba for me this trip. Even though Target showed the i3+ Roomba on its website & that there was limited stock, they had none. I called to check before making the 1 hour 7 minute drive; I can get a rain check to pick it up at the sale price if they get more in before the end of August. I also called iRobot to find out how much it would cost from them ($599.99), whether shipping to Hawaiʻi was still free (yes on robots, no on accessories), & how long it would take to get here (30 days); it was going really good until that last answer. Auē! Guess I will have to bite the bullet, vacuum the rest of the house, & spend several hours later trying to get my back to unwind & relax.

For lunch I had a Kaia-inspired lunch: toast with peanut butter & Tahitian lime & ginger jam. I hope she will not be disappointed that I have no more Bodacious Blackberry Jam.

When I went out to open the gate for Laurel & Bill, I saw Delphine; it was the middle of the day so I was wondering why he was there at that time. It turns out he retired at the end of last week; this is his first week of retirement. So he came to mow the lawn. I think he needs to find a hobby ...

Laurel & Bill came by for a visit after lunch. Laurel got a job offer this morning & they want her to be on a training Zoom call tomorrow morning at 8 am CST. Which will be 3 am HST. But she has a dilemma, she is interviewing for the job she prefers on Monday. 

I had texted Ben this morning, asking him if he was missing a ladder. I also sent him a photo of the ladder I had found in the anthurium garden. He called, he had been looking for it for a couple of weeks. He said he would be by later in the afternoon but he never made it. 


Here are the booties I wear during the period before I am done with cleaning the floors. It is self-evident why I wear them when you look at the photo. This is an accumulation of less than 24 hours of walking around the house.


For dinner I made a vinha d'ahlos taco with the sprouted corn tortillas that Sarah left in the freezer and some vinha d'ahlos that Jessie made last year that I vacuum sealed in a Food Saver bag and threw in the freezer. I added some of the pickled onions that Jessie gave me in May. It was delicious!


I took a shower in the outside shower tonight. I was testing the mosquito exclusion work; it was dark, warm, and windless when I went out to the shower. And I did not get even one bite! Hulō! While in the shower I noticed a dead centipede up in the corner above my clean clothes; I didn't have my phone so I will get a photo tomorrow.

I checked Kai in this evening. Originally, I was not able to choose a seat for him; it said he needed to check at the gate for his seat. But the check in information showed they had assigned him seat 24D. 

 

I did not see any cats today. Every time I was near a window I looked out to see if I could spot any of them. But no luck.

The Aix weather app forecast rain in Honolulu through the early afternoon followed by partly cloudy skies. It forecast precipitation without accumulation later in the evening. The web cam photo I was able to find did not support the rain in the morning. For Kapaʻau, Aix showed rain through the morning then precipitation without accumulation through the rest of the day. I can personally report that there was rain throughout the evening until close to sunrise, then it was mainly sunny for most of the day with occasional cloud cover. By the afternoon it got quite sunny.

Kapaʻau at 6:51 a.m.
Kaimukī at 6:53 a.m.
Waikoloa at 6:54 a.m.
CFHT at 6:53 p.m.
Honomu at 6:54 p.m.
Hilo Bay at 6:55 a.m.
Marysville at 6:55 a.m. HST.
Kapaʻau at 10:02 a.m.
Kapaʻau at 4:26 p.m.

I can't believe why people would vandalize the Maui petroglyphs. The DLNR Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE) estimates about 100 paintballs were fired at the cliff face where the kiʻi pohaku from the road below.


There was a magnitude 4 earthquake south of Kahoʻolawe about 9 miles deep. It did not create a tsunami.

 

There were 39 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases to 38,121. There were no new deaths reported, keeping the death toll at 518; currently 607 cases are considered active. There have been 1,701,089 vaccines administered giving us 58% of the population being fully vaccinated and 65% having at least 1 dose. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 33 with a 1.9% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Uncle Howie, John, & Kaʻohe!

No comments:

Post a Comment