Sunday, October 9, 2016

Farewell, Aunty Jean!

Aunty Jean's memorial was this afternoon. Aunty Jean was Dad's last living sibling, he is now the last one left. She was 5 years older than Dad; I had thought there was a break between them because that is when Grandma & Grandpa emigrated but I found out differently when I reviewed the genealogy last night. It turns out Grandpa emigrated in 1907, then Grandma came in 1911. They got married and started having kids in 1913, so all 6 kids were born in Hawai'i. There were 7 children who were stillborn or died in infancy; 3 of those were in the years between Aunty Jean and Dad. I saw a lot of cousins whom I had not seen in a long time or don't remember ever having met before. Cousin Fred said we need to get together for something other than when someone dies.


I go to the Big Island in a couple of hours so posts will be sporadic since there is no Internet access at the house and I will only have sporadic access at other locations.

Happy Birthday to Paula and Lori! (A different Lori, not my sister-in-law.)

No comments:

Post a Comment