Saturday, October 1, 2016

Ouch!

I think I broke my thumb. Actually, Mom put the salad crisper on top of the refrigerator. Sort of. I opened the fridge door and it fell and hit the saddle joint of my thumb. Result: one sore thumb with possible hairline fracture. We shall see what it feels like tomorrow.

Life here is full of surprises! First of all, the salad crisper does not belong on the top of the fridge. Secondly, it does not belong at the edge of the top of the fridge. I keep asking Mom to let me put away the dishes; mainly so they get back to the proper place so I don't have to spend a bunch of time looking for things. And I try to do it before she does but at least half the time she beats me to it. Here's an example, this is the cabinet for the pots and pans. She could not remember where the other things belonged so she started putting everything in here. (I let her wash dishes because she wants to do something to help. I figure its the safest chore since the options are very limited:  dirty dishes get washed and go in to the drain rack. Period.)
Pots & pan cabinet, with extras

I did not get around to putting dishes away today because I slept for much of the day; I only got out of bed in the early afternoon because of the bedroom heating up. In the morning I got up long enough to give Mom her alendronate, then again to give her her morning meds. Then I went back to sleep. Due to my fibromyalgia it takes me a little longer than normal to recover and I generally need a day or so of sleep to do so. Which is also why I only work for 30 to 60 minutes at a time for heavy lifting jobs like moving all those bags of red cinders; if I did it all at once it would totally wipe me out.

Happy Birthday to Vikki! Happy Anniversary to Chris & Ernie!

No comments:

Post a Comment