Friday, October 28, 2016

Which Grandson's Birthday Is It?

Kai's birthday is in a couple of weeks so I sent him a birthday present package today. (Darn I should have taken a picture of it!) I included a birthday card from Mom & Dad. About 3 weeks ago I took Mom to Longs Drugs to pick up a birthday card for Lori. While there she decided to plan ahead and get cards for all 5 grandkids as well as Dad. She also decided that she should give them to me to remember when they needed to be sent out! Some days when she remembers that she has trouble remembering she does very well at putting things in to place to help her. The only catch is that when she doesn't remember that she asked me to do that she can get upset because she thinks I am treating her like she can't do anything. Here she is going through the cards trying to remember which grandson she intended to send which card to. (Fortunately for Sarah she is the only granddaughter so the card she gets is the one that was specifically bought for her.)
None of these that you can see were sent to Kai (it's underneath the pile of cards)

Recently Mom has been doing much less, mainly because I haven't been allowing her to do much due to the stitches in the crease of her thumb. (I also keep telling her she needs to let it heal so she can go to Las Vegas and push those buttons!) I looked at it more closely today and I think the ER folks did not suture it up correctly. It looks like the skin has not been completely sutured, it looks like I can see exposed muscle tissue in about half of its length. Tomorrow we go to Kaiser Moanalua for Mom to get a transfusion of platelets. While there I will ask Nurse Rowena to take a look at it and give me a professional opinion. On Monday Mom is supposed to get the stitches removed but I don't know about this.

After dinner I made brownies to share with cousin Baron when we go to visit him, Uncle Roy, Chad, and Mona tomorrow afternoon. These are not from scratch, these are from Pillsbury Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie mix. Dad also likes Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownie mix. We also found out that the Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownie mix is actually like real brownies.


Happy Birthday to Cheryl!

No comments:

Post a Comment