Sunday, May 20, 2018

Evening Walk to the Park

Today I walked to Maunalani Park at the end of the day, around 7 pm, because I had forgotten my hat and it was really hot at 3 pm when I usually walk. It was a very different feel than walking in the hotter part of the day, even when it's overcast or drizzly. I walked back tai chi slow so I could take in all the different night sounds.



Before I left Maunalani to walk to the park, I took Dad out to the 2nd floor deck on the west side of the building to watch the sunset. He enjoyed it while it was sunny, but the winds were blowing the clouds over the Ko'olaus and Palolo Valley was filling with chilly clouds. So we headed back in.

Clouds rolling through Palolo Valley.
Great example of atmospheric perspective!

Before I left for Maunalani this afternoon, I did a load of laundry & hung it outside. I almost forgot about the laundry. Which would have been really bad since the water sprinkler goes on at 7 am every morning!


I also saw that there was a very ripe papaya and several half ripe ones. I picked the ripe one and one of the half ripe ones. I'll pick the other half ripe ones tomorrow.


While hanging the laundry earlier, I also checked out the pakalana & orchids. I found the first pakalana blossom cluster! Yay!
Very young pakalana blossom cluster.
Blossom sprig on Mom's last orchid.

I looked at yesterday's mail and found one was a tax document from Edward Jones. I opened it up and found that it was still unhelpful.

My plan to have all my things moved out of the southwest bedroom by the end of today did not go well. I had forgotten that we needed to move things out of the living room in order for the "new" couch to be moved in next weekend. It's like one of those little square puzzles where you have to move the 15 little squares around in the 16 spaces and line them up in ascending order.
Looking at southerly wall of southwest bedroom.
Looking southwesterly in southwest bedroom.
Looking westerly in southwest bedroom.
Looking northerly in southwest bedroom.

Last night The Roommates and I also watched a Filipino soap opera and a samurai soap opera. I think we are planning on watching it again next week so we can see what happens with the confusing plot lines. I will try to take screen shots and tell you what we have figured out about the plots. Coming in during the middle of a movie is confusing, it is even more confusing when you come in during the middle of a soap opera. No matter what language the soap opera is in!

Happy Birthday to Arden!

No comments:

Post a Comment