Thursday, May 24, 2018

Dad Starts on Dronabinol

Dad didn't eat much at breakfast or lunch, but he drank the Boost supplements. I was told he was to get the dronabinol (Marinol) just before dinner but it arrived late so he actually had it along with dinner. But he had only eaten less than a quarter of his egg salad sandwich and about 120 ml Breeze before he nodded off. Since they told me it is administered 30 minutes before lunch & dinner I decided to wake him up after 30 minutes to see if his appetite had improved. It didn't, he just went back to sleep.


Maunalani is definitely cooler than where our house is at. When I left the house at 1:30 pm the sensor on the car said it was 87 degrees F. At 3 pm at Maunalani it was 81 F. It probably would have been cooler if I had checked as soon as I got there at 1:45 because it was cloudier than at 3 pm. I'll have to check again tomorrow.

Today I forgot I was going to walk after dark so I could enjoy the night sounds, so I walked to the park twice. Which is not really a bad thing; especially since my willpower is under attack by The Roommates - they like dessert! (More on that later.) On my walk at the 3 pm shift change I saw a woman and her pitbull-type dog. Even though he seemed friendly she kept him away from people. My evening walk did not have the same feel as the previous evening walk, there were too many people at the park! Yes, I know, 1st I complain there aren't enough people, now I complain there are too many! At night I want to listen to the night sounds, so people making noise makes it difficult to hone in on the sounds & figure out what they are. I still did my cool down stretches on the 2nd floor lanai; I could barely see the pair of Norfolk Island pines.
The moon through the trees at the park.
Looking towards the Norfolk Island pines.

So about 5 days ago The Potential Most Favorite Roommate brought home a pint of chocolate gelato for me from Via Gelato. I have made it last for about 5 days, even with allowing The Roommate Who Is Learning to Give Xander His Meds to have some. Two nights ago The Potential Most Favorite Roommate brought home 2 pints from Via Gelato; The Potential Most Favorite Roommate finished his off that night, The Roommate Who Is Learning to Give Xander His Meds finished his Fierce Chocolate in 2 nights. Portion control! That's the key! (I'm not sure if mine was also Fierce Chocolate, the important thing is that it is a darker, bitter chocolate; not a fan of milk chocolate.)
L to R: My gelato, The Roommate Who Is Learning to Give Xander His Meds' gelato.

I got a lot of things done today before I came to relieve Curtis. I started with a load of laundry, which I actually started late last night so I could hang it this morning as soon as the water sprinkler shut off. The laundry was dry before I had to leave! I took photos of the plants. I also took some photos of The Potential Most Favorite Roommate's succulents; he just transplanted them in some empty bonsai pots that were laying around.
Mom's last gift orchid is beginning to open.
The pakalana buds are getting larger!
Opuntia cactus fruit.
Transplanted succulents.

I found a great graphic from the USGS that shows the actual extent of the lava flow on the Big Island. My house is at the north end of the island near Hawi.
(Image: USGS/Twitter)
(From USGS/Twitter)





















Happy Birthday to Juan, Bill, Janice, & Holly!

1 comment:

  1. Love your lava flow map, really happy you are walking and eating better. An inspiration to all of us. Thank you for your dedication and loving attentive care for your Father. Thanks for Birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete