Sunday, May 13, 2018

How I Spent My Mother's Day

I have now moved the essential things in to the guest bedroom on the east end of the house; I am now ready to begin sleeping in this room. Over the next week I will move the rest of my things out of the room at the west end so that The Roommates can use it as their computer room.
East wall, during.
East wall, after.
West wall, during.
West wall, after. Most of the things on the bed are going back to Kohala.

I made a quick trip up to Puowaina (aka Punchbowl aka National Cemetery of the Pacific) this morning to hang lei at Mom's and Sue's niches. I was really surprised at the line at Le Flowers when I went to pick up the lei; it took me about 15 minutes to get up to the head of the line. The line was even longer when I left! Puowaina was also very busy; I had to circle around twice to get a space to park when I went to the area that Mom is in.

When I arrived at Maunalani, Curtis filled me in on what's happening with Dad for today. Apparently early this morning Dad pulled out the IV line; similar to what he had done on his earlier hospitalizations with both the IV and PICC lines. They were able to get a new one back in but it was difficult. If Dad pulls it out again they will not reinsert it; they will do intramuscular injections of the Clindamycin antibiotic and we will just have to push the fluids again. Later Remy came in with some gear for their "contact precautions" protocol; Dr. Gries has taken a swab for conjunctivitis, which is highly contagious. Hence the contact precautions; we shall see what it turns out to be.


On my walk to Maunalani Park today I saw no dogs or people and just a handful of birds. I am wondering if this is because the weather has gotten sunnier and hotter. (Though it is not as hot up here as it is back at the house.) I did see an abandoned bag of tennis balls and a siren of some sort; I will have to check on June 1st to see if the siren is one of the old Civil Defense sirens. I did today's walk at 2.9 mph, which is the fastest I have ever done it! I wonder how fast I can get without jogging up the hill?
A bag of tennis balls.
Old siren.

One of the guys who comes to visit his mother has seen me walking a couple of times. His mother's room is at the end of the hall near the doorway that I have to come in through so he has let me in a couple of times as well. Today he pondered starting up his own exercise program; he says he hasn't exercised in years.

There were a lot of leftovers tonight. The Roommate Who Likes Cats Who Kill Roaches also brought back leftovers from his parents' house, so no one cooked dinner tonight; we just had leftovers which is fine by me since they were good leftovers!

Happy Birthday to Candice, Francis, cousin Myrt, and Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment