Sunday, May 6, 2018

Mental Health Break

Today Curtis took the morning shift so that I could take a little mental health break. I had an appointment with Tricia from Tattoo Traditions to get a tattoo commemorating the more than 20 years that I have spent volunteering with communities on various social justice issues. The top band is the ihe or spear, the lower band is makaloa or hala; together to me they represent fighting alongside the community to help the people. I spent about 6 hours with Tricia, about 2&1/2 hours was the actual inking of the design. During the tattooing the pain was less than getting bitten by a wasp, after tattooing there is no pain unless I poke it. It is definitely way lot less pain than having a baby, I'm not sure why some guys faint when they get tattoos.
Intermediate stage. (Photo by Tricia)
Finished design. (Photo by Brent)

Dad is still eating very little of the real meals; we have been concentrating on making him drink the nutritional supplements.
Dinner.

First thing this morning I was able to use the WiiFit to do my weigh-in. It says with my latest 0.9 pound weight loss this past week I now have a normal BMI, albeit a high normal. I am still a little less than 20 pounds from my goal weight of 100 pounds. Before I was pregnant the weight I felt healthiest at was 85; I was unable to lose 5 of the 55 pounds I had gained during my pregnancy. After a few years, 90 pounds felt like a good weight; at 85 I felt too weak, 95 made me feel sluggish. Then I herniated a disc and gained 20 pounds and felt very sluggish. Fibromyalgia made me gain another 10 pounds. Then after I stopped working I gained a few more pounds, then I moved back home and had no time for regular exercise and my weight ballooned up to 130 pounds. I lost a few pounds and was at 125.4 pounds for the starting point in late December when I got the Fitbit. Once I get down to 100, I will see if that is a good weight or if I need to drop back down to 90 pounds.


I also spent time reorganizing the living room in preparation for the delivery of Curtis' old couch which replaces Mom & Dad's really old couch that we threw out when we refinished the living room floor in December.
Boxes from master bedroom, living room, & guest bedroom.

Happy Birthday to Gene, Jennifer, Patricia, & Erica!

1 comment:

  1. I like your tattoo and why you chose it. Is that your first tattoo?.

    ReplyDelete