Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Dad Aces His VA Physical!

Dad had his annual Veterans Administration physical today at the Spark M. Matsunaga VA Medical Center. We think they make him come in every year to make sure he is still alive. Once again his vital signs were excellent; blood pressure was 112/67 mmHg. Dr. Young's only request is for Dad to be a little more active than he is.


This morning Curtis & I went to Bogart's Cafe for breakfast. He was originally heading to Wailana Coffee House, but as we passed by he saw that there were several spaces in the parking lot at Bogart's. He says that frequently the line is out the door; we found the key is to get there early, they open at 6 am. Curtis had the Chicken Apple Sausage Omelette and I had the Migas; which I was told is a Tex-Mex dish. I could find nothing on the Internet that looked like what I had, but it was good; I would order it again.

The sign over the kitchen door way.
Chicken Apple Sausage Omelette.
Migas.

After breakfast we worked on taking apart the shelf in the hallway. It took about an hour to take it apart and another hour to wrap the parts up for transport. We also spent time wrapping up the bean bag chair, which I have had since college.
We're stacking everything I would like to send to Kohala in the hallway.

After Curtis left, I continued working on wrapping up the glass floats and the Japanese doll. I found out that the case of the Japanese doll is actually plastic not glass; which makes it less fragile. I put spacers around the top and bottom to keep it still in the box, as well as wrapped it in bubble wrap.
The Japanese doll with spacers.

I also talked to Aunty Judy, I will be taking the large green cache pot that she made to Kohala. I started wrapping it up today; I'll finish that off tomorrow.


Curtis sent a photo of the work at his house. The contractor started the framing yesterday; they anticipate completing the framing by the end of the week.
(Photo by Curtis)

Happy 1st Birthday to Jace! And Happy Birthday also to Laurel!

No comments:

Post a Comment