Thursday, November 30, 2017

Pomelo Juice

Between packing & purging I decided to take a break and try out the juicer I found a couple of days ago. I tried it on the pomelos because there weren't that many oranges left. We had 1 that had been picked. There was a little bit of a learning curve to figure out how to best get the juice out of a citrus fruit that was quite a bit larger than the 2 sizes of reamers that come with the juicer. I got about 10 ounces of juice out of this pomelo.


As I was putting the pomelo rinds in the compost pile, Sam returned from caring for the shearwaters at the zoo. She picked 9 more pomelos; 2 of them dropped before I could catch them so I used those for juice. The juice is much like grapefruit juice but not quite as bitter or as sweet. One of the other pomelos also gave about 10 ounces of juice and the other about 12 ounces; so I got about 30 ounces total. Debbie said she used a sinkful of oranges to get a similar amount.

Today Xander kept trying to get me to open up the suitcase so he could sleep in it again. When I didn't he slept on the floor next to it; he did that all day. He rarely sleeps on the living room floor during the day.

Happy 4th Anniversary to Ali & Latifah!

No comments:

Post a Comment