Friday, November 24, 2017

Happy 93rd Birthday, Dad!

Curtis, Lori, & Brent came over this evening to celebrate Dad's 93rd birthday. They brought a bunch of Japanese comfort food over for Dad for dinner; Sam took a break from cleaning the bathroom & joined us for dinner. I had picked up a chocolate dobash cake from Napoleon's Bakery and vanilla ice cream from 8&1/2 Desserts. Aunty Florence called just as Curtis was putting the number candles on Dad's cake. While Dad was talking to Aunty Florence we noticed that Curtis had "94" on the cake; he forgot how old Dad was! Aunty Florence stayed on the phone and sang Happy Birthday To You with us.  
The writing on the cake is correct. (Photo by Lori)
Talking to Aunty Florence. (Photo by Lori)
Singing Happy Birthday To You; Aunty Florence is on speaker on the phone by the cake.
Dad was able to blow out the candles from this far away! His lung's are doing fine.

This morning Curtis sent me some photos of the concrete pour for the addition they are doing.
The concrete pour begins. (Photo by Curtis)
The West Oahu Aggregate concrete truck out front with the concrete pumper. (Photo by Curtis)

This morning I got out the WiiFit to find out how much I weighed; then I manually recorded it on my Samsung Health app. I do this almost every Friday. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I had only gained 1.1 pounds over this holiday week. The somewhat annoying WiiFit cartoon Balance Board did not know that yesterday was Thanksgiving even though it does have a calendar that it records your stats on. It just let me know that I need to work much harder to meet my weight loss goal.

Xander had his monthly blood glucose curve done today. His blood glucose level seems to be doing better now that he is only getting 1/2 tablet of prednisolone every other day. He will now only need 4 units of insulin twice a day.

Here's the baba ganoush & crackers that I took to Curtis' house yesterday; a healthy alternative while he was watching the game. The baba ganoush was not as popular as the hot crab dip; I will have to find more of that mix. Or perhaps develop a recipe that re-creates it.


Last week Chris sent me photos of the garage rafters; they look great! They're done now and he is waiting for the standing seam metal roofing to finish it off; its supposed to arrive by the end of the month. In the meanwhile, he will be working on repairing the kitchen cabinets. (Aikane Nursery will be moving the bamboo so that it is out of Chris' way when they are installing the new roofing.)
(Photo by Chris)

Happy Birthday also to Lani! (My phone said yesterday was her birthday, so she got 2 birthday greetings from me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment