I checked the Flight Aware site early this morning; my flight is still on time. I signed up for alerts so if anything changes with the flight I will be notified. Although airlines can notify you via text, I have found they donʻt always do it in a timely manner. I also checked to see where the plane I will be flying on is currently. It's in the air & headed this way so it's looking good for my flight to take off on time!
Nolo became a hurricane yesterday. It is now about 210 miles southerly of Ka Lae & moving north-northeasterly at about 5 mph. Maximum sustained winds are about 85 mph & tropical storm force winds extend out about 115 miles; too far to affect our winds at this time. But it is dumping more rain on us than is usual for this time of year. Nolo is expected to become a major hurricane over the weekend; but my plane will have landed in Seattle by then. Nolo is also expected to turn westerly over the weekend so we should be able to avoid catastrophic damage.
The disturbance that is about 1000 miles east-southeasterly of us has been given a 50% chance of becoming a tropical depression in the next 7 days. In fact, it is anticipated to become one over the weekend or early next week. We will have to see if it will move in the northeasterly direction as currently predicted.
Hurricane Odalys continues its unusual forecast for its future path. In the 10 years or so that I have been checking on the forecasts, this is the 1st time I remember seeing a pattern like this. It is expected to decrease in strength over the weekend.






No comments:
Post a Comment