Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Momo's Medication

I spent last night at Aunty Florence's house since she lives near the airport and by the time we got our luggage it was about 10:30 pm. The flight was uneventful, even with all the babies onboard; there was a little fussiness but no non-stop crying. As the plane was loading I noticed a vehicle pull up under the wing, then another, and another; all different vehicles, but none of the drivers did anything. I realized they must be taking a break and found the nearest shady spot!


In the morning, before we left for the airport, Dr. Belcher called to let me know that Momo did indeed have a thyroid problem. He prescribed a pill for him and suggested using pill pockets so Momo would eat it on his own rather than Mom or Dad having to catch him and pop it into his mouth. It sounded like a good plan. Dr. Belcher wants to see Momo in June to check his thyroid levels again; he said if he has had at least 60% of the pills during that period he should be able to see if it is effective.


I called this morning to remind Mom to take her first pill. Then I asked her to give Momo his pill and she said, "What pill?" We then spent an hour unsuccessfully searching for the container with Momo's pills. I think she searched the kitchen, family room, and dining room 4 or 5 times each, always thinking it was the first time she had looked there. I also had her look in the refrigerator and cabinet where some breakfast items are stored. I was very specific in describing where she should look, basing my requests on previous locations of her pill pack when she was unable to find it. She said she would continue looking for them but insisted that Dad ate them! They called me back about an hour later, after Dad woke up. I could hear her in the background saying that he ate them, but it was chocolate candy that he had eaten. But Dad did find the pills, they were on the bookshelf by the garage door. We have decided to keep them there since he would know where they are (and he can see them from his chair in the family room).

Here is what my things at Mom and Dad's looks like. When I leave I put everything neatly away. With signs on everything. There is even a sign that says where to put any mail that I receive.
                       

Here is one of the Leahi series of photos, taken from the plane.
Leahi #5? from the plane

While waiting for Kai to pick me up, he called. He said, "I don't know where I am but I took the 200th St exit." I said, "From I-5?" and he said, "Yes". I then asked if he was south of the airport and he said yes. I directed him to get on I-5 northbound and take I-405 northbound to the Maple Valley Highway going east and then things would become familiar and he should be here within 15 minutes.

After an hour or so I called again, he didn't answer. When he called back he was at exit 24 on I-405, about 20 miles north of where he needed to be! He completely missed the I-405 interchange and continued to go north instead of turning around. I guess I also need to be more specific in my instructions with him as well.

Happy Birthday to BJ and John! Happy Anniversary to Mary Ellen and Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment