Saturday, April 23, 2016

Irises Are Blooming

The purple bicolor tall bearded irises have started to bloom. They are my most consistent and vigorous bloomers. I also have a medium tall pale yellow one, a tall white with purple picotee one, and a tall maroon iris. The calla lilies are also starting to bloom.








I discovered that honey bees have taken over the nesting box outside the kitchen window. Last year a  pair of black-capped chickadees nested in it. I tried to see if I could get the bees out but they have packed the whole box with honeycomb. And they were very angry about my attempts. (I closed the box up at night, they were still angry but also sleepy so they weren't flying around.) Tomorrow evening my friend Jan is coming over to get the box. She will transfer the colony over to one of her empty hives. Yay!

















Happy Birthday to Maya and Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment