Saturday, January 6, 2018

Good Bye, Clarence!

I went to Clarence's memorial this afternoon. Clarence served in the 442nd Regimental Combat Team in K Company and was a friend of Dad's. Yesterday Dad had wanted to go to the memorial, today he said he wasn't feeling well, so I went in his place and represented the family. Although Clarence was wounded early on in World War II like Dad, his wound was not severe and he left the hospital without authorization. The FBI thought he was AWOL & searched for him; they found him back on the front line fighting alongside his buddies in K Company. Due to his actions during the rest of the war he received the Bronze Star, although belatedly.


Curtis and Lori came by at lunch time. They had dropped DT off at Kahala Mall and went to Aloha Salads to pick up lunch. We had the Curried Chicken Wrap (without coconut), the Fresh Island Ahi Wrap, & the Pastrami Sub. They were all good, but the best of the 3 was the ahi wrap.
Curtis brought me a menu so I could see what else they had.
The wraps before unwrapping.
Curried Chicken Wrap.
Fresh Island Ahi Wrap.
Pastrami Sub.

Tonight I scraped off California on my Jetsetter Map. I've been there a lot due to many family and friends living there. I've been to many parts of California in the north, south, & central areas. I've driven both on I-5 as well as on the Pacific Coast Highway and through the Sierra Nevadas.


Today is the 1 year anniversary with my Subaru. It has been a very useful purchase. Mom loved the heated seats and so does Dad; it keeps them warm so they don't turn up the heat in the car. But if they did turn it up, their half would have the higher heat and my half would be at a lower level. It also has side air bags so its safer. And the rear luggage area is large enough for me to put the wheelchair in with room to spare. I intend to have many more good years with my Subaru!

Happy Birthday to Aliyah, Tom, & Mason!

No comments:

Post a Comment