Friday, January 19, 2018

More Excitement Today

Shortly after lunch I heard a bunch of sirens, then I heard big trucks on our street. I went out to check and found 3 fire trucks blocking the intersection. Then a police car came barreling down the road and immediately backed up to quickly block the road and reroute traffic away from the fire trucks. It turns out there was a small fire on the side of the neighbor's house. They weren't home, but fortunately another neighbor walking by with her dog saw it & called 911. The fire department was here so fast there was no damage.
The view out the front window this afternoon.

I checked around the house to see if the gusty winds that have continued through today knocked over any more plants or other things. I got a pleasant surprise when I checked the orchids. Mom's last orchid is growing a new keiki and the last orchid that we bought for Mom when she was sick has 3 buds and it looks like a couple more might be forming.
The new keiki on Mom's last orchid.
Three buds on the last orchid we got for Mom, looks like there might be at least 2 more forming.

This morning was busy. I started out by taking Xander to the Cat Clinic for a blood glucose test. He did better on his blood glucose level today so they reduced his insulin to 2 units twice a day. Since he has only been off the prednisolone for 5 days they will check again in about 2 weeks when all the prednisolone should be out of his system.

I also took the corrected Home Equity Line of Credit papers in to get them notarized. Then sent them off to Tim. I should have a functioning line of credit by the end of the month!

Happy Birthday to Bo & Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment