Thursday, January 18, 2018

More Deebot Testing

The Deebot has a difficult task cleaning this house; there are a lot of little places that it can get caught up in. And I think I am actually making it cover more area than it is designed for. The owner's manual doesn't say how large an area it is designed for but other things I have read talk about setting up boxes to keep it from going out of a room or area that you want to clean. The Deebot did a little better getting back to the base today. It was in the dining room when the time was up so as it wandered back and forth it was able to pick up the signal from the base and got back to its home in 7 minutes.
It works great under the furniture but there are a lot of obstacles around the rooms.

When I went out to check whether the gusty winds we are having blew the rubbish can lids open I found that they were fine. I looked over and saw that one of the prickly pear cactus pots had been blown over by the wind. Auwe! It has started to flower but 2 of the buds and 1 pad was knocked off when it fell. The pad can be put in to another pot to grow another plant; nothing can be done with the buds. I'll have to keep an eye on the remaining buds, there are 7 more on the plant ; I'll have to wait & see how many panini will be produced. Panini is the Hawaiian word for the fruit, the Spanish word is tuna.
Opuntia ficus-indica.

I went to the training for the O'ahu Point in Time Count of the homeless. I have participated in 2 previous counts in different ways. One year I helped Mary Ellen interview homeless people for her radio show on homelessness. On another year I interviewed the head of the local Salvation Army, several homeless people getting services through the Salvation Army, and several volunteers including 2 youths who were helping with the count for KSER's Color Commentary program.

Happy Birthday to Andrea & Geoffrey!

No comments:

Post a Comment