Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Artificial Intelligence, Not

I have not yet figured out how to use the button on the Deebot get it to automatically start cleaning every morning. So I have been manually starting it. I discovered that nearly 2 hours worth of cleaning can't do the entire house, it pushes Dad's slippers underneath the bed, and the cats aren't afraid of it but they aren't ready to ride on it either. After 110 minutes its supposed to find its way back to the charging base; the past couple of days I helped it get back since it got stuck or was in another room with a closed door when the light turned red & it started looking for home base. Today I let it do it on its own; not a pretty sight. The Deebot went back & forth down the back hallway 4 times before it figured out how to get out of there, it also got lost in the family room; it took 20 minutes to get itself back to the base. This artificial intelligence isn't.
After leaving the hallway, the Deebot cleaned under Shiro. The red light means its on the search for home base.
But then it decided to go back to the hallway.
After nearly 20 minutes it got close to the base and started homing in on it.

Finally home!

After picking up more Boost Breeze for Dad from Kaiser, I focused on getting the last of the checkbooks balanced.The last thing left for me to catch up with the finances is to go through all the credit card receipts. Needless to say, I let the water storage project pass today.

Before I went to pick up the Boost, I saw an e-mail from Tim. Seems the notary put the wrong date on one of the papers for the Home Equity Line of Credit. (Apparently it needed a different date than the one we signed on.) Tim is sending the papers back with the date filled in; I just need to have them notarized again. The papers should be here tomorrow, if its early enough I can get them notarized tomorrow. if not, I will get it done on Friday.

Happy Birthday to Kathryn, Jon, & Everett!

No comments:

Post a Comment