Friday, January 26, 2018

The Rusty Pelican

This morning I met Cathy at the Rusty Pelican Cafe for breakfast. There were too many choices! I finally settled on the Greek Omelette with a Hot Apple Cider; Cathy had the Pacific Omelette with a Blueberry Muffin. I think it is a breakfast place that Curtis would like. Cathy is a watercolor artist as well as an environmentalist & photographer; she filled me in on what's been happening on those fronts since I saw her last year.


Hot Apple Cider with whipped cream.
Homemade Blueberry Muffin.
Pacific Omelette with fresh fruit. (Photo by Cathy)
Greek Omelette with fresh fruit and biscuit.

For lunch I met with a bunch of retirees at Beijing Garden; they also just happen to be members of the Communities of Color Coalition (aka C3), the organizers of the North Puget Sound Conference on Race.
L to R: Bo, Barbara, Ben, Alison, & Bruce; the omiyage is on the lazy susan.

After lunch Bo, Ben & I went to KSER to see if we could catch David, who was working on a special show about the Womens March for the Color Commentary radio show that C3 airs on KSER on Wednesdays. But we just missed him. I spent some time talking to Ed, the Public Affairs Manager about a variety of things.

I also dropped in at the SnoCope Credit Union again. Last night I got an e-mail that said that a payment that I had made through the bill payer service "was returned for an invalid account number." I couldn't figure out what might have happened since the item that was paid was something that has been paid this way every month for several years and nothing has changed! Ashlyn helped get the payment made; but there was nothing that she could see as to why all of a sudden it wouldn't be working. She said if it happens again give them a call.

We went to dinner at the Bala's home. They used to own Boondockers Restaurant; they closed it last September so they could retire and do more traveling. Kai worked on their computers both at the restaurant and at their home. Mrs. Bala made samosas, dhal, curried cauliflower, curried chicken, rice, yogurt, roti, papadam, & naan. For dessert she made carrot halvah, served with ice cream. Besides politics, we also talked about them coming to visit me sometime next year. On another note, it's a small world, the Balas know the owners of Beijing Garden!
L to R: Kai, Mr. Bala, & Mrs. Bala. Food clockwise from upper left (nearest to Kai): roti, curried cauliflower, curried chicken, rice, and dhal. Center cucumbers and Japanese radish.
Carrot halvah with ice cream.

Happy Birthday to Robin!

No comments:

Post a Comment