Saturday, August 15, 2020

Contact Tracer Confusion

Another news article has come out about there not being enough contact tracers; this time it is US Representative Tulsi Gabbard saying there is a problem. Like a number of the other reports, she is confusing the investigators with the contact tracers.


I spent a lot of today writing another paper. Between the 2 classes, I have 3 more papers to write. I also have 1 more lecture to review. Plus I would also like to complete the Johns Hopkins contact tracer training before the end of the training; I have heard that it is a 6 hour class. I also want to complete the 2 HIPAA training modules of the MRC before classes end. Then I will have all the pieces for deployment done by the time the training is over. We had heard that there was a delay in having Cohort #1 deployed because they had not signed up for MRC until after the training was done; before you can be deployed by MRC you need to pass a background check. Dr. Ric said they are considering having one of the pre-requisites for taking the contact tracer training for the future cohorts will be to be registered with the MRC. Besides myself, there were 2 other people who were already signed up with MRC before being accepted in to the contact tracer training.
I have to write a paper about this webinar about 2-1-1.

Here are my latest Duolingo weekly statistics. Since there is no Papa ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi for a couple of weeks I will be relying more on Duolingo. On a normal week with class, I try to do a few Duolingo lessons a day for about 20 minutes each day; right now I am doing a whole lot more.


As I was cleaning off the hard drive of my laptop, I came across some of my Color Commentary radio shows. Specifically I found the first series of Black Lives Matter interviews that I did. In 2015! I hope there is no need for others to have to continue to do these type of interviews in 2025. (I still haven't figured out how to add audio files to my posts.)

The disturbance is about 545 miles south of us; it has a 60% chance of becoming a tropical depression over the next 5 days. Tropical Depression Ten-E is still in the Eastern Pacific and is somewhat stationary at this time.



There were 284 new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the total up to 4825. There were no new deaths but there were 2 new hospitalizations. Fifty-eight percent of the ICU beds are in use with 35 of them occupied by COVID-19 patients. About 38% of cases have been released from isolation.

They have changed the data presentation.



Oʻahu has gotten redder since yesterday.
Kona & Hilo are flaring up again but not as bad as Honolulu.
The current surge makes the earlier stuff look like nothing.

Hau'oli lā Hānau e Natalie! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanʻo kanakolu  kūmamākolu e Curtis & Lori!

No comments:

Post a Comment