Sunday, August 2, 2020

Muffin Tin Denver Omelets

I picked up the silicone muffin pans so that I could make some Muffin Tin Denver Omelets. My plan is to make and freeze a bunch of them and use them as my lunches during class days. They will be especially useful for Monday and Tuesday classes when we have about a 15 minute break for lunch. The recipe said to mix the ham, cheese, onion, and bell pepper in to the egg mix then pour it in to the muffin cups, dividing up the ingredients. I decided the distribution would be more even if I put things in the cups individually, then pour the egg mixture over the fillings. I think it worked out well.
The ham, onion, and bell pepper waiting for the cheese.
Getting ready to add the egg.
Ready for the oven!
Ready to eat!

I had picked up some ham at Sam's Club for the muffin tin omelets. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup, I had 2 more cups of chopped ham from this piece. There were 3 pieces in the package I bought. After I had chopped the 1/2 cup needed for the recipe I put the ham in the refrigerator while I finished the rest of the recipe. And almost forgot about it. I also have more bell peppers, onion, and cheese; I think I will make more if it tastes good.


I talked to Mary Ellen this afternoon. She wanted to know what the biggest paper crane was that I had made; I told her it was 18 to 24 inches tall. She was thinking about making a large crane as a commemoration for Hiroshima Remembrance Day on Thursday. We talked a bit about other things and I found out that Amelia & Emmanuel have a new puppy! Maximus is part Chocolate Labrador, Brittany Spaniel, and French Bulldog. Here he is with his big brother Louie in Emmanuel's new truck.
Maximus (L) and Louie.

I had gone to Kokua Market this morning to get the bell pepper as well as the heavy cream for the omelet. The recipe had actually called for milk but I used a combination of about 1/4 cup of left over sour cream along with the heavy cream. I picked up some other things including 3 cartons of unsweetened almond milk; I think that stressed out my reusable shopping bag. I had only a couple more things to pick up when I heard a tearing sound; the bag was ripping along the sewing line where the handles were attached. I really liked that bag, it had nice long handles that made it easy to carry on my shoulder.


Today the number of new cases dropped again; this time significantly; there were only 45 new COVID-19 cases reported today. The total is now 2242. There have been no new deaths from this latest spike yet, but there have been more hospitalizations. And the cases released from isolation has now dropped to almost 58%.






Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Heavy, Johnetta, & Heather!

No comments:

Post a Comment