Saturday, March 6, 2021

Hāpuʻu Support, Part 2

This morning I found out the wind had been so blustery over the past week that the support for the hāpuʻu had been dislodged. I took some 12d nails and a hammer up with me; Kelly got the other piece of wood he offered the 1st time and we made an x-shaped brace to support the hāpuʻu. It will provide more stability when the wind is blowing from different directions.

The newly propped up hāpuʻu.

Close-up of the new support.

The Aix weather app forecast precipitation through mid-afternoon. It was drizzling when I got up but didn't go on that long.

Rain at 8:04 am.
Clouds coming over Koolau at 8:41 am.

Kelly & Abby were down at the park when I arrived, so I decided to walk down to meet them; I would also get some exercise in since there is no POD today. While on my way there I crossed paths with Christina, Ink, Chloe Bacon, & Massimo! We had a really nice little visit. As usual, Ink was acting like a puppy with a wiggly butt! I will miss seeing them, too.

When I got home I wasted a bunch of time watching videos! And the thing is, I can't remember what it was that I was watching. If I am going to waste my time watching videos I think I should be watching something memorable! Auē!

I also spent a little time playing with Keala; she was the only cat visible.


I got an email from Duolingo; it was my weekly report.


I decided to take a short nap before going over to Curtis & Loriʻs house for dinner. Everyone else left around 1 pm but I needed to pick up the CSA box at 4; I would head over after I got the box. But I needed a nap first.

OH, NO! I overslept; it was about 6:30 when I finally got up. Lori & The Roommates had called but sometime during the day I had accidentally put my phone on 'silent' so I did not realize it until I called to let them know what had happened. I must have been much more tired than I thought I was. I opted to get the CSA box and skip dinner. I spent the rest of the evening prepping the new vegetables and purging the old ones that were no longer usable. I did a poor job of using up the previous CSA box over the last 2 weeks. And The Roommates still donʻt eat much green things.


Kai has now developed a fever to go along with his chills. He still has the muscle & joint aches, but the headache & nausea have gone away. Looking on the bright side, it means his immune system is working well.

There were 87 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 27,838. There was also 1 new death reported so there are now 444 fatalities; currently 674 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 26 with a 1.0% positivity rate. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Annie!

No comments:

Post a Comment