Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Ramping Up

That was the plan, to ramp up to 1250 vaccinations per day for the LCC POD; but we only did 991 today. There were 1250 appointments available for today but there were only about 1003 that were taken. With 18 people entering data, 3 runners, & 1 floater all data entry was done by 3:30 & we were able to walk out the door by 4 pm.

Some of the very important rocks that are a hot item at the PODs.

On the way to LCC this morning I saw a vehicle that will soon become just a memory, a Love's Bakery delivery truck.


At LCC I saw a bunch of seeds on a tree that looks like the seeds on a Mickey Mouse shrub. I will have to find out what it is.


When I arrived at the registration area for the POD this morning I gave Kirk the list of alternate vegetarian meals; he will see whether the alternates fit in their budget. Lunch today was from Teruya's Andagi; it was the same as what we had the last time Kirk got the lunches from Teruya's about 3 weeks ago. This is one of the vegetarian lunches that are fine & don't need to be changed.


As I was leaving I saw them draining the water out of the coolers that they have stashed around the clinic for the volunteers. They drain them through the grating on the 1st floor which drops down to the basement floor area. It conveniently falls in to a planter that contains a hāpuʻu.


Since we ended so early I made a quick stop at Kokua Market; I needed more protein powder as well as eggs. While there I also got some whole milk cottage cheese; I am hoping eating some cottage cheese at the end of my feeding period will keep me from getting hungry later in the evening. It's got 19 g protein, 4 g fat, 3 g carbs, & 140 calories per 5.3 ounce serving.


I also picked up some dinner at Kokua; I got some vegetable curry and a chicken dish. I can't remember their exact names.

Curried vegetables (L) & chicken dish (R). I would get these again.

The Aix weather app forecast rain until about 2 pm, then a dry spell until later in the evening. It was actually dry during the day but drizzling in the later afternoon. I was not able to do a screenshot of the Tesla graph to see what was happening in Kapaʻau; my phone is acting up and I am unable to get to the app on my phone. I even reset the password, but the app doesn't recognize it when I enter it.


The lava lake in Kīlauea caldera looks a little smaller to me today. But there seems to be a slightly hotter glow along the edge of the lake, I don't remember seeing that before.


There was another earthquake in southern Alaska again this evening; it did not generate a tsunami.


There were 35 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total to 27,623. There were no new deaths reported so the fatalities remain at 439; there are 647 cases considered active. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 23 with a positivity rate of 0.9%.

Here is information on the vaccine; these graphics show both the national and state information. Originally I was confused by the graphs on the Percent of Population Vaccinated; the numbers should always be increasing over time, there should never be a decrease since you can't "un-vaccinate" anyone. Then I realized, I grabbed the wrong screen shot; I should have gotten the Cumulative graphs rather than the Daily graphs. I'll do better tomorrow.

What's causing that funky blip in the graph? Bad weather delayed vaccine shipments.
We're a little behind on the percent of doses administered.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Brienne & Ayla!

No comments:

Post a Comment