Sunday, March 28, 2021

Lazy Day

Because Sunday is my Fast Day, I tend to spend a lot of time in a prone or supine position. Today I also got side-tracked and watched a CDC educational video on Diagnostic Features of Intestinal Nematodes; I found it to be interesting. I was actually looking for information on Rat Lungworm Disease. (This is about parasites living in humans. DO NOT click on the video below if you're not sure you can handle it!!!)


 

I weighed myself this morning. I had been doing it on Friday mornings but kind of got out of that habit. I think I need to get back to that since Saturday is a Feast Day so I tend to be heavier on Sunday morning since I am still processing Saturday's intake. I also took a nap; conserving my energy since I'm not eating today. But maybe I shouldn't. May be I should be burning more calories?


The Aix weather app forecast a little rain in the morning and through 2 in the afternoon. But it was dry and somewhat sunny all day. It forecast that Kohala would be rainier; the Kīlauea webcam aimed in that direction showed a drizzle going on.

No rain.
Looks like some drops on the lens.


I checked on some of the plants today. The little bumps on the orchid are getting larger and beginning to look like flower buds. But the kalo do not appear to be doing anything.

Still no sign of any shoots.
But these are looking promising.
 

Today was the end of the latest Duolingo challenge; I just did enough this week to keep myself from slipping back to the lower level.  


The web cams at Kīlauea caldera looked deceptively calm in the daylight; just a little bit of steam. The thermal image showed a slightly smaller hot spot.


The web cam from the Canada-France-Hawaiʻi telescope showed a lot of cloud cover. The Kohala area seemed to be shrouded in clouds.


There were 102 new cases of COVID-19 reported today; bringing the total known cases up to 29,408. There were no new deaths reported today so the fatalities remain at 462; currently there are 1104 cases considered active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 52 with a 1.9% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Lenny & Jon!

No comments:

Post a Comment