Thursday, March 4, 2021

Tsunami Watch

Just before lunch Sarah from DOH sent out an email; there had been an earthquake near New Zealand and a tsunami watch was issued. Only one of the sites staffed by DOH & MRC is in a Tsunami Evacuation Zone; ours is not. About an hour later the tsunami watch was cancelled after review of monitoring data determined that there would be no sizable wave generated here. The expected increase in wave height was 0.3 meters; it would cause a disruption to currents possibly making swimming dangerous around the expected time of arrival at 4:30 pm.


This morning we were told there were 1116 appointments for today; a little shy of 1250 but more than we have done the past week. I helped train Sherrie & Kea; they each took 6 stations for the rest of the day. I also trained Monica; Alicia wanted her to get an idea of what the runner position entailed. Monica is our alphabetizing wizard; she has made the process so much more efficient. We ended up with 1081 forms & 2 rejections. 


I turned the Samsung health app on as soon as I started picking up forms today. Including the walk out to the car at the end of the day, I covered 4.39 miles today. The duration listed below is the amount of time I am actually moving; the total time it took me to rack up this distance was about 7 hours. In steps, the app says I did 11,689 steps.


Lunch today was from Bamboo Catering; I don't recall getting lunch from here on previous days. Their vegetarian selection needs more protein; they could add some edamame or a mix of peas & corn to provide more protein. Or maybe have their Tofu & Edamame Poke instead of the Turmeric Cauliflower (which was good but probably provided only about 2g protein).

The pasta salad had good flavor but lacked protein.
 

My phone was almost dead when I got back in to the car; I hooked it up to my Anker external battery so it could charge on the way home. When I got home I found I had missed 3 texts & a phone call from my friend Brenda; she was concerned because she had heard about the tsunami watch; some of her family are visiting in Kona right now. I called her back when I got home; we talked for a little over 2 hours!

Yes, I keep track of scammers & block them.

The orchid bloomed this morning! It is the one that Calvin gave us as a Thank You gift back in July 2019. It is called P. Chian Xen Golden x P. Fusheng's Golden Age

This angle makes it look like it's missing a petal but it's not.

The Aix weather app forecast that the rain would hold off until mid-afternoon; I did not notice any rain at all until later in the evening.

Clouds coming over Koolau at 8:10.

I never did ask Brenda if her family got around to visiting Kīlauea. That would have been a safe alternate activity if the tsunami was actually going to materialize.


There were 60 new COVID-19 cases reported today, bringing the total of known cases up to 27,699. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 441; currently 635 cases are considered to be active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 23 with a positivity rate of 0.9%.

I discovered the national Rollout Progress data is also included with the state data for comparison.
But the Status of Supply data does not show a comparison in one graphic.
We're a little behind in administration of doses shipped.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Dr. Mimms, Marilyn, & John!

No comments:

Post a Comment