Friday, March 26, 2021

Trees for Kaimukī

I met Wai and Morgan just after noon today; they were getting elevations for the area along 11th & Harding where Trees for Kaimukī would like to install a small rain garden to attenuate the flow coming off the parking lot in the area. When it rains it creates a hazard because of the amount of water that flows along the road as it makes its way to the storm drain at the other end of the block. 

Looking northeasterly at proposed Area B rain garden location.
Looking easterly; Morgan (L) records data, Wai is near proposed inlet to rain garden.
Looking southeasterly at parking lot & Area A rain garden location.
Diagram by Daniel of flow pattern across parking lot.
Drawing by Keith of proposal.

I made another fennel greens proothie this morning. Because of how rich & thick the proothie is I can't drink it very quickly; it takes me about an hour to finish one. Which means I would have to get up about 1&1/2 hours before I need to leave for work in order to do so. Which now means I can only do the proothies on the days I do not go to work; like today which is the Prince Kuhio holiday.


When we were done at the rain garden site I called Juicy Brew to order lunch; since it would be about 30 minutes before my order was ready I decided to check on the hāpuʻu. It looked like it was doing well; the new brace stabilized it under shifting winds. However, the new brace is made with interior plywood so it is now delaminating. It probably won't last for another month. Kelly wasnʻt home but I got to play with Abby.


I order another Cheesy Spicy Chick'n Wrap from Juicy Brew; I also got a Fudgy Brownie with Walnuts & Candied Ginger. The sauce in the wrap seemed to be a little spicier than the first time I tried it; but I still ate the whole thing! I'm saving the brownie for tomorrow which is a Feast Day.


The Aix weather app forecast it to be fairly sunny here today. And it was! I still have not been able to get the Tesla app to work properly; I may have to uninstall and reinstall the app.


The USGS released a new video update of the Kīlauea eruption.


There were 125 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 29,194; this is the 3rd day of a bad trend. There was 1 new death reported raising the number of fatalities to 459; in a few weeks we will likely see more deaths due to the rising case numbers. Currently there are 1010 cases considered active. The 7-day new case rate for Oʻahu is 49 with a positivity rate of 1.8%; if the new case number is 50 or more for 2 consecutive weeks we will drop back to the more restrictive Tier 2. Not a good thing people.


 Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Brian & Todd!

No comments:

Post a Comment