Friday, December 25, 2020

Mele Kalikimaka!

My friend Lois sent me this animated Jacquie Lawson card a couple days ago, but I am sharing this with you today. Enjoy!


I spent about half of Christmas day in bed, sleeping. After 3 days of intense data entry, my brain needed a rest. So I also spent a couple hours watching You Tube videos of Caitlin Doughty; she has a You Tube series called, Ask a Mortician. They are quite interesting videos and not as dark and morbid as they could be; she has a wicked sense of humor. She's also from Hawaiʻi.


When I decided I had better get out of bed because I needed to do laundry & make another batch of soymilk I also discovered that I could watch Ask a Mortician on the television with the Firestick! So thatʻs what I did! I have embedded her video, Funerals in the Age of Coronavirus, below; it was posted at the end of March 2020.


I made my usual double batch of soymilk. But I didn't dry the okara as usual since I was considering going to Curtis & Lori's for Christmas dinner.  


The Aix weather app showed a light prcipitation in the afternoon. I wasn't awake enough in the morning to remember what it was like but it did drizzle in the afternoon. The Tesla graph showed it was not as wet as it has been, but it wasn't completely sunny either.


There were 120 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total of known cases to 20,769. There were no new deaths so the toll remains at 285; currently there are 1773 cases considered active. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 99 with a positivity rate of 4.5%.

 

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Lorna & Doug!

No comments:

Post a Comment