Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Mystery Solved!

I did the Curvy WGKBT workout today; this one has bicycles. That's the one where you lie on your back with your fingers interlaced behind your neck and alternately try to touch the opposite knee with the other elbow, etc. I had been avoiding it because I thought it might be the source of the stress on my neck causing the headaches. I have not been having headaches for a few days thanks to a bunch of self-massage of my neck muscles. After I finished the last set of bicycles my headache came back! I think it is safe to say that this is the cause of my headaches!


Since last night the soymilk settled again; but after I shook it everything looked normal. This morning's proothie was basically stems from my salads. I still had not gotten around to washing the beet or hakurei greens for this morning. But by the end of the day the beet greens were ready for tomorrow morning! I also used the overly toasted okara; it did not add a bad taste to the proothie so I shall use it.


I checked in on the cats about mid-morning because it was really quiet. Keala was sleeping under the Christmas tree, Luna was in the cat tree, and S'mores was in the cat bed at the end of the hall. I have seen all 3 of them use that cat bed at one time or another, but I have never seen them share it with another cat.

Keala.
Luna.
S'mores

 

It is a Regular Calorie Day. For lunch I had some chicken & beef fajita meat along with some sticky rice from the Lemongrass Salmon I had for dinner on Sunday night and a green salad with blue cheese crumbles and bacon bits.


Dave from OmniTrak sent me the letter that Alan wrote for me to be able to take the NNDTIC Case Investigator training. We'll see if I can get in to the December training next week; I hope I do because their I made a contract ends at the end of December! I think that would make me ineligible for teh January training.

Yes, Alan misspelled my name.

For dinner I pulled some yakisoba noodles out of the freezer; I added a portion of frozen chopped ham & roast and a fresh pac choi. I'm trying to use up things I find in the freezer so we can get it more organized.


I made a bunch of calls about Dad's estate; I left messages for most of them. Adelia called me back; she's working from her home office. We had a great talk about a lot of what is going on and how to keep safe. In regards to Dad's estate, I need to wait until we get the official death certificate before she can proceed to close his account and disburse the proceeds.

The Aix weather app pretty accurately forecast a fairly sunny day here. Based on the Tesla app, it looked relatively sunny for most of the day in Kapaʻau. Or at least not rainy or terribly cloudy.


There was a box out in the garage that DT brought in. It was a flower box; Suzanne had said she was sending flowers and they would arrive today. They're beautiful! A mix of orchids, anthuriums, red ginger, and bird-of-paradise.


There was an earthquake in Alaska very early this morning, like just after midnight. No tsunami was generated.


The morgues & hospitals are overflowing; nearly 37,000 Americans died in November. And the medical experts only expect it to get worse due to people disregarding the recommendation to not have large Thanksgiving gatherings. I hope that doesn't happen here; new case numbers have been staying below 100 so far. 


There were 44 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total up to 17,968. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 244; there are currently 1243 active known cases. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 64 with a 2.1% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment