Monday, December 14, 2020

Oh My Grill

Dave bought lunch for us today from Oh My Grill; I tried the mini Cold Ginger Chicken. Because we were using someone else's iPad I did not play around with it to see what options there were; but next time I know. I can get a green salad instead of mac salad and brown rice instead of white rice. Checking online this evening I also see that they have something called the Healthy Bowl, maybe I'll try that next time; it has carrots & broccoli and no mention of rice.

It was cut but contained bones, Chinese style.

I used the hakurei greens for my proothie this morning. For the next few days I will be using the greens from the previous CSA box, the one from 2 weeks ago, including the old salad greens. The new greens will be eaten as normal. 


I started out the morning doing follow-up calls on people we had initially talked to on December 4th. Of the 17 people in the file, I was able to release 9 of them from isolation! I could have done 2 more but I could not reach those cases. Three of the other people I reached still have 1 or 2 more days of isolation to complete. I also did 2 first calls and was able to reach both cases.

After lunch I did call backs; these are people we have not yet been able to reach for the initial call. I made 5 calls and reached no one.

There was an earthquake on Hawaiʻi Island around 9:30 this morning. Apparently some people on Oʻahu felt it; I did not, the building we work in is a big block of concrete.


While we were waiting to make the last calls of the day, I was practicing Hawaiian on Duolingo. Apparently I have progressed enough that 3 new lessons have opened up. I will now get to learn about ordering food, habits, and determinants.

 

The Aix weather app forecasted precipitation all day here; that did not happen. At all. It also said there was precipitation in Kapa'au. The Tesla app showed that there was at least cloud cover in the morning and looked like there was probably precipitation in the afternoon.


I did not see the cats at all this morning and they were pretty scarce when I got home. So no photos of our cats but here's one I think you'll like! It's my friend Linda's cat!


It's Monday! It's time for Susie's weekly bouquet of flowers from her yard!


Here's some general humor.



And now some Christmas humor. 

I only counted 14 dogs.
I agree with this totally.


Here's something you can do to help you keep safe from the pandemic.


There were 190 new COVID-19 cases reported today bringing the total up to 19,424; there were no new deaths so the number of fatalities remains at 274. According to the Mayor 85 of the 158 new cases on Oʻahu are inmates at Halawa Correctional Facility; with the inmates the 7-day average of new cases is 84 with a positivity rate of 3.0%. Removing the inmates from the new case count would reduce the new case number to 73, which is similar to the new case numbers last week. Currently there are 1425 active cases statewide.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Richard!

No comments:

Post a Comment