Sunday, December 6, 2020

Preparing for Another Class

I spent a lot of time today reading materials for the class that I will be taking beginning on Tuesday, COVID-19 Case Investigation Virtual Training - R4; it is presented by the National Network of Disease Intervention Training Centers. It starts at 8 am PST, which will be 6 am for me. 


No proothie this morning since it is a fast day. Also no lunch. And no dinner. I basically drank water all day. I broke my fast with my usual collagen & soluble fiber in soymilk drink at around 7 pm or about 23 hours after I last ate.

The Aix weather app showed sunshine in the morning with clouds moving in about noon then drizzle in the afternoon. There was a really light drizzle in the afternoon so I guess it was fairly accurate for Honolulu. The weather app showed even less precipitation in Kapaʻau than in Honolulu. The Tesla app appeared to show heavy cloud cover from late morning through the evening.

 

Sarah & Kaia are coming for a visit next May! Well, that's the current plan. As with many things now, it will depend on the COVID-19 situation. The impending rollout of the vaccine makes it promising. We talked for almost 2 hours of what that visit might look like; Sarah has a training that is currently scheduled to take place on Hawai'i Island. I am looking forward to their visit!


There was an earthquake northwest of Sacramento. A tsunami was not generated.


I love this! I agree with this philosophy!

 

Here's my friend Santa Jim enjoying his favorite time of the year!


There were 105 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total to 18,527. There was 1 new death reported now making the death toll 262; there are currently 1235 active cases. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 74 with a 2.4% positivity rate.


 

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Susie & Christina!

No comments:

Post a Comment