Saturday, December 26, 2020

It Was a Dark & Stormy Night

And it rained during the day, too! I had thought about walking at sunrise, very briefly. I quickly dissuaded myself of that. It was very rainy starting with the early morning and drizzled throughout the day.

At 8:45 on the way in to work.

At 10:21 during a break at work.

At 11:30 on the way back from getting lunch.

I started out with a fennel proothie; this is the fennel that came in our previous CSA box from November 28th. I am glad there are a lot of greens from that box that are still good enough for me to use even this long after we received it; there was no CSA box this week due to the holiday. Our box from the 12th will have to last until the next delivery on January 9th.

It is mainly stems with this batch of fennel.
I've been adding coconut water so it blends better.
 

I went to work at OmniTrak this morning; they still do not have a new contract with the C & C. Although this current contract expires next Wednesday the 30th, Dave has us scheduled through January 2nd. I am scheduled to work on the 31st and the 2nd; if so, it will be at their office in the downtown business district.

Yoshi brought in some Japanese cookies to share with us. They are flavored with matcha; I liked them.


Because there was a change over the last week in follow-up calls, we were able to finish the first calls very quickly this morning. For now, we are not doing follow-up calls on cases. I left at 11 which would normally be our lunch break; 6 other people also left at that time. Usually only 3 people do the last set of call backs in the afternoon.

Because I left so early, I called Juicy Brew and ordered Mushroom Melt sandwich for lunch; I picked it up on the way home. It is marinated portobella mushroom slices sauteed and served on a chewy bun with caramelized onions and some other vegetables.


I had been thinking Juicy Brew's downtown store was near the OmniTrak offices but found out it is too far to walk to on my 30 minute lunch break. But I did find out from The Potential Most Favorite Roommate that the vegan & vegetarian Umeke Market is about 2 blocks away. I will check that out as a potential source of plant-based lunches.

As I mentioned earlier, it was very rainy today; but I forgot to get a screenshot of the Aix weather app so I can't show you how well it forecast today's weather. The Tesla app shows that the weather in Kapaʻau was partly sunny in the morning and changed dramatically in the afternoon. It shows a really sharp drop in insolation in the late afternoon; probably a combination of really thick clouds and lots of rain! I have never seen as sharp of a drop off of production as this.


The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes went to a physically distanced gingerbread construction party. He sent this photo back to us of 2 of the scenes constructed for the competition. His team built the pagoda; the other was something from popular culture that I can't remember.

The one on the right is the winning construction.

There were 120 new cases of COVID-19 reported today; bringing the total up to 20,888 known cases. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 285; currently there are 1687 active cases. The 7-day average for Oʻahu is 95 with a 3.3% positivity rate.


No comments:

Post a Comment