Monday, December 28, 2020

Vax POD Day4

Marjorie texted in the early evening yesterday asking if I could do data entry again today; so here I am. Jean & Bob and Monica & Gerald, whom I worked with last week Tuesday & Wednesday, were back. And so was Patrick from the Thursday group; everyone else was new. Except, of course, Alicia & Audrey who are running the data entry group. Today 640 vaccinations were administered for a total of 2490, after I corrected the numbers; this is about 0.17% of the state population. I don't know how many people have been vaccinated in the healthcare system or at long-term care facilities but the general consensus is that 70% of the population needs to be properly vaccinated in order to achieve herd immunity against COVID-19. We still have a long way to go.

Lunch today was from a different place than lunch last week. The 1st 2 days lunch was from Zippy's; I'm not sure where the 3rd day's lunch was from. And I am not sure whether it is one of the partners in the PODs that is paying for it or whether it is from CARES Act funds. But it does look like it is the HPD that picks up & distributes the lunches. The 1st day they delivered it to us; after that we had to go to a central place where they handed them out. On Day 2 they just gave them out; after that you had to identify yourself & they checked you off a copy of the sign-in sheet. On Day 3 I almost didn't get my lunch; since Data Entry comes in 2 hours later than the rest of the volunteers someone had photocopied all the other sign-in sheets but hand wrote the Data Entry sheet. They did not write my whole name; they just put the first 2 letters of my last name. The guy with the list wasn't going to let me have a lunch even though I had my MRC ID badge & volunteer t-shirt! The other officer looked up the photo of the sign-in sheet he had and found my name so I was able to get a lunch. Today I specifically told them what happened when I signed in; at lunch I found they had waited to photocopy the sign-in sheet today to avoid that!

The view as I wait in line to pick up lunch.
Today's lunch.

My proothie this morning used the last of the fennel from the previous CSA box. I wish they would leave the ferny tops, they have a stronger taste than the bulbs; I think it must be partly from the chlorophyll.


As I was getting ready to leave the house this morning, Keala was playing in the cat run. I was unable to get a photo of her climbng to the top of the westerly wall; she stayed still long enough for me to catch her attention and look up at me before she raced off again.


As I was getting in to the car a police car pulled in to the front yard of a house on the other side of the street, joining one that was already there. Then, as I was pulling out another one pulled up for a total of 3 cars. I never did find out what was going on.

The first 2 HPD cars.

As I parked at the vax POD location, I noticed my car was parked in the next row over! It was another hybrid Crosstrek in the same color! It was gone by the time I got back later in the day; in fact, most people were gone by then. I did see fellow data entry person Patrick getting in to his car further down the row.


Today was Day 3 of Kwanzaa; I signed in to Eleta's Zoom celebration as soon as I got back to the car. Yesterday we had talked about me using my laptop & hotspot to catch the last half of the event but we got out around 4:30 today rather than at 4 so I was signing in right at the end. I had set up the laptop to look out the front & gave them a tour of the freeway as I drove back to the house! Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the set up.


The Aix weather app forecast clear skies all day here & that looked fairly accurate. It did show clouds & precipitation moving in around mid-afternoon in Kapaʻau; the Tesla graph showed that started about mid-morning & got heavier in the mid-afternoon.


There was a Magnitude 5.7 earthquake off the coast of Oregon this evening. The earthquake occurred 7 miles below the surface and did not trigger a tsunami.


There were 46 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total number of known cases to 21.028. There were no new deaths so the death toll remains at 285; currently there are 1558 cases that are considered to be active. The 7-day new case average is 69 with a positivity rate of 3.0%.

 

The Hawaiʻi Data Collaborative has changed significantly in the types of data and how they are presented; for the most part I am only including their general overview since I like it's presentation the best. Today I noticed they now also have a Rate of Transmission (Rt). But when I clicked on it for a closer look, I could not find it. Auē! 

The graph on the right is what I was interested in.
This is what I got; none of the tabs contained the information.

Hau'oli lā Hānau e Jennifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment